• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Harman Kardon Omni Adapt+ Review (Streamer)

testp

wait a minute... i can send music over the air to a streamer and a dac!?!

trl

Major Contributor
King of Mods

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Or is it MoDrama Digital?

FeddyLost

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'd use some powerbank in case of such bad power supply included.
Maybe with battery power and galvanic isolation there would be more clean combinations ...

nagster

Not with only 24bit and only 4V output.
That's a pity.

The DAC is assumed to be 288K.
For 24bit, 1kHz sine 4Vrms, balanced output, 200kohm load, what is the theoretical minimum of THD + N (or THD and noise separately) for analog output?
Thank you in advance.

Lambda

Major Contributor
For 24bit, 1kHz sine 4Vrms, balanced output, 200kohm load, what is the theoretical minimum of THD + N (or THD and noise separately) for analog output?
Assuming a R2R DAC with an R of 50ohm i would assume a noise of 135dBV so if your signal is about +6dBV and there is no other noise and distortion you maybe can max out 24bit in theory and get 140dB

KaLam1ty

So strange on that last result.. What happens if you change (if possible) the sampling to 44.1KHz?
I noticed the Roon test is using 48KHz vs. 44.1kHz with their app.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
For real. Still use mine to this day

I bought a bunch when they were trying to get rid of them at the end and were selling for $15.

Best little puck ever.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I bought a bunch when they were trying to get rid of them at the end and were selling for $15.

Best little puck ever.
Had mine for around 4 years now, paid $20 for it. Hard to believe some people are spending a kilobuck or more to duplicate its functionality. Shows some audiophiles were not born with the common sense of a Scooby Doo.

Tangband

Major Contributor
Had mine for around 4 years now, paid $20 for it. Hard to believe some people are spending a kilobuck or more to duplicate its functionality. Shows some audiophiles were not born with the common sense of a Scooby Doo.
The cromecast seams to be very good if one uses ROON . Its a very bad sounding and measuring unit with the google chromecast app.

Last edited:

oldmanhifi

I snagged a couple of CCAs off of the bay a year ago after reading Amir's review. Have one feeding into my Cambridge CXA60 toslink input in my living room system and one for the bedroom. Both fed by Roon running on a mac mini. Also have Qobuz for Roon to access as well as my library of ripped CDs. Makes listening to music so easy and its fun to listen to different versions of classical recordings that I would never have purchased.

PeteL

Major Contributor
If the Toslink output is only clean when you use the Harman Kardon app, then the real question is if this app is usable. Is there any DSP facility?
It would have been interesting to test chrome cast with something else than Roon. But what’s wrong with Harman Kardon app?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
So strange on that last result.. What happens if you change (if possible) the sampling to 44.1KHz?
It is just as bad but in a different way.

Reactions: t$$

AudioTodd

Is the Toslink output just checked digitally? There are no DACs in that zone, so I assume so???

mrmoizy

The cromecast seams to be very good if one uses ROON . Its a very bad sounding and measuring unit with the google chromecast app.
I think the issue with that review was Amir casted from the Chrome browser. I imagine most mainstream music apps with casting built into the app have properly implemented the casting protocol like Roon has. I never cast from my browser, always from a dedicated app on my phone. Usually Spotify

Top Bottom