• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

GGNTKT M3 yes M3 Formerly known as M2!

songOVERsound

The electronics are inside these. Sorry to disappoint you.
Whoops. Well still… case in point, this enclosure has a lot of room. I doubt it is crammed. The amps remain serviceable and replaceable. I’d just hate to have to send it in in order to do so

Also, I noticed post #138 there is a description that says “active 4-way mastering speaker for use in studio production” - before even mentioning the hi-fi applications. This makes me happy and smart move by GGNTKT.

Last edited:

Emlin

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Whoops. Well still… case in point, this enclosure has a lot of room. I doubt it is crammed. The amps remain serviceable and replaceable. I’d just hate to have to send it in in order to do so

Also, I noticed post #138 there is a description that says “active 4-way mastering speaker for use in studio production” - before even mentioning the hi-fi applications. This makes me happy and smart move by GGNTKT.
Indeed.

And welcome to ASR!

roland{at}GGNTKT

Audio Company
Forum Donor
My questions for the manufacturer are: Are these designed with studio applications in mind - will they perform well in a sound production environment?

Along with that, what are the recommended listening distances for these?

Actually all our M-Models fit both scenarios, as they were designed to accurate reproduction and easy room interaction. In fact there is no real difference in technical requirements between studio and home gear from an acoustical standpoint.

A better way to separate speakers is listening distance/room size. Model M1 is a near field speaker but works well up to 3-4 m (10-13 ft) and small to medium-sized room. Model M3 is more a midfield/mastering monitor and optimized for 2-6 m (7-20 ft) listening distance and big rooms. Both share a quite wide horizontal dispersion.

(And yes, Model M3 has integrated electronics, but its a separate cabinet which is easily serviceable)

songOVERsound

Actually all our M-Models fit both scenarios, as they were designed to accurate reproduction and easy room interaction. In fact there is no real difference in technical requirements between studio and home gear from an acoustical standpoint.

A better way to separate speakers is listening distance/room size. Model M1 is a near field speaker but works well up to 3-4 m (10-13 ft) and small to medium-sized room. Model M3 is more a midfield/mastering monitor and optimized for 2-6 m (7-20 ft) listening distance and big rooms. Both share a quite wide horizontal dispersion.

(And yes, Model M3 has integrated electronics, but its a separate cabinet which is easily serviceable)

I definitely fall into the M1 camp. Where do the woofers on the crossover to the woofer on front?

Is this where the >200 hz cardioid is established?

roland{at}GGNTKT

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Where do the woofers on the crossover to the woofer on front?

Is this where the >200 hz cardioid is established?

Front LF to HF is crossed 1.15...1.3 kHz depending on the preset.
Back LF is crossed @200 Hz, also depending on the preset.
All LF are full range, protected by a multi band-limiter (which kind of acts as a dynamic EQ <80 Hz)
Yes, the two cardioid pattern are established by the three drivers, the wide baffle and heavy DSP processing.

roland{at}GGNTKT

Audio Company
Forum Donor
A couple of weeks ago we shipped a black Model M3 S to our dealer in Berlin and it will stay there for demo. Max (our dealer) also has the Kii BXT and Grimm LS1 at his place, so a very unique opportunity to hear these in the same room. Some impressions:

Attachments

• MaxSchlundt_M3-001.JPG
    MaxSchlundt_M3-001.JPG
    240.7 KB · Views: 458
  • MaxSchlundt_M3-002.JPG
    MaxSchlundt_M3-002.JPG
    235.1 KB · Views: 469
  • MaxSchlundt_M3-003.JPG
    MaxSchlundt_M3-003.JPG
    213.4 KB · Views: 460
OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
They look very smart!
Keith

burtcote

Thank you Roland for sharing this photos. Any further information about specification, price and availability? Any idea if Reinhard will get them in a demo in Munich?

Can you explain some of the differences to your existing model M1?

Martin

Reactions: CMB

Zaireeka

A couple of weeks ago we shipped a black Model M3 S to our dealer in Berlin and it will stay there for demo. Max (our dealer) also has the Kii BXT and Grimm LS1 at his place, so a very unique opportunity to hear these in the same room. Some impressions:
I had the pleasure to meet Max and listen to the M1 last summer in Berlin, it was a wondeful experience!
Can't wait to book a demo of the bigger model next year when I visit my family here again.

roland{at}GGNTKT

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Hi Martin,

Any further information about specification, price and availability?

Any idea if Reinhard will get them in a demo in Munich?
We are in talk but he is running out of space, since he has the big Genelec 8381 and Grimm at his place. However there might be an opportunity in September – just ask him to demo ;-)

Can you explain some of the differences to your existing model M1?
Well, the concept is the same, but just scaled up a lot. As we startet development we just planned to make a floor standing speaker out of Model M1 (hence the we named it Model M2). But during that time we decided to go further and scaled beyond we had planned – that was the reason for renaming it to Model M3. To summarize the difference:

Model M1:
* 2,5-Way Design
* Near to Midfield Monitor
* compact (book shelf) dimension
* External electronics
* Cardioid Mode down to 50 Hz (depending on mode/preset)
* capable of 120 db maxSPL, except bass

Model M3:
* 4-Way Design
* Midfield/ Main Monitor
* Floorstanding dimension
* Integrated electronics
* Cardioid Mode down to 30 Hz (depending on mode/preset)
* capable of 125 db maxSPL, also with bass

Batmobil3250

Wauv just saw this post. At first sight I thougt that my longtime favorite Mirage M1 was picked up and added 21th century updates……For them who don’t know Mirage M1 - it is/was a canadian brand/model. They designed a bipolar speaker. Drivers 2 x 10”, 2 x 5” and 2 x 1”. Also had a couple of smaller models. The company in it original form had a short life time on the bright side. Klipch bought them and the rest is from a audiophile point oif view history. I must say that the GGNT look amazing. Will follow and look forward to give it a listen…….

Emlin

Hi Martin,

We are in talk but he is running out of space, since he has the big Genelec 8381 and Grimm at his place. However there might be an opportunity in September – just ask him to demo ;-)

Well, the concept is the same, but just scaled up a lot. As we startet development we just planned to make a floor standing speaker out of Model M1 (hence the we named it Model M2). But during that time we decided to go further and scaled beyond we had planned – that was the reason for renaming it to Model M3. To summarize the difference:

Model M1:
* 2,5-Way Design
* Near to Midfield Monitor
* compact (book shelf) dimension
* External electronics
* Cardioid Mode down to 50 Hz (depending on mode/preset)
* capable of 120 db maxSPL, except bass

Model M3:
* 4-Way Design
* Midfield/ Main Monitor
* Floorstanding dimension
* Integrated electronics
* Cardioid Mode down to 30 Hz (depending on mode/preset)
* capable of 125 db maxSPL, also with bass
So what's the state play now, Roland?

roland{at}GGNTKT

Audio Company
Forum Donor
So what's the state play now, Roland?
Basically the same as the post you cited. Model M3 is demoed at different dealer in Germany, we are open to orders, first production batch is sold out and a couple of customers have been supplied. What else do you need to know?

PS: Press and website update will come.

Emlin

Basically the same as the post you cited. Model M3 is demoed at different dealer in Germany, we are open to orders, first production batch is sold out and a couple of customers have been supplied. What else do you need to know?

Just to be clear, out of the first production run, only two customers have received their speakers after a year or so? Really? What I wanted to know was something other than that. That's a pity.

Last edited:

roland{at}GGNTKT

Audio Company
Forum Donor
The first batch were 20 speakers which are sold out (except two demo pairs). I don't know how you assume, that the are only two customers.

Emlin

The first batch were 20 speakers which are sold out (except two demo pairs). I don't know how you assume, that the are only two customers.
I don't want to be confrontational, but I didn't say that there were only two customers. Instead, I repeated what you said, ie that after a year of accepting orders, only two customers had received them.

I'm only going on what you yourself have said. I'm still hoping that something has been lost in translation.

roland{at}GGNTKT

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Instead, I repeated what you said, ie that after a year of accepting orders, only two customers had received them.

I'm only going on what you yourself have said.

I'm not sure to what you are referring to, but I hope it's now clear?

Emlin

I'm not sure to what you are referring to, but I hope it's now clear?
What's clear from what you have said is that after a year of you accepting orders, only two customers have received their speakers. And that another sixteen customers are still waiting.
Is that right?

Last edited:

roland{at}GGNTKT

Audio Company
Forum Donor
So another try:

So you missunderstood "a coupe of" with two?

Top Bottom