• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

General Mistreatment toward windows 7 users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty111

When the "tech-king" Ivan from E1DA tells you : "Yeah just buy it, it works fine with just a driver, then asks you to pay "as a friend" with paypal, and then when the device doesn't work (because he didn't really test it), tells you not to bother him and send the item back to China :

Important parts are marked with red colour :

Is it just me or are Windows 7 users now treated like sub-humans Helots that you can take money from and bounce around as much as you please since they are the lower tier of the human specie?

Last edited:

digitalfrost

Major Contributor
Well to be fair Windows 7 support from Microsoft ended on Jan 14th 2020. So from that perspective, you kinda cannot expect support from companies that are not even Microsoft. And Windows 7 was released in 2009. I mean. It's been a while.

I am also slow to change operating systems, so I understand. But maybe it's time to move on.

OP
M

Marty111

No, but they shouldn't pretend their hardware works on windows 7 if they barely haven't done any testing on that OS.

So reckless... It's all about money, if someone asks about a product they tell him everything is good, even if it's not. And after when their product doesn't work they tell you it's your fault for using Windows 7. Anything but honest. Lazy and greedy.

It's the last time I buy something from E1DA. Worst thing is that they won't give you a dime back from your purchase unless you send it back to China!!!!! lol.

Last edited:

PierreV

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I still have a few Windows 7 booting systems. Yes, using an unsupported OS requires a bit of maintenance.
You should find out why you don't go in advanced boot mode - or restart into it from the running system.
Maybe this overview will help.

Being able to go in extended boot mode is essential though as you will probably need it at some point.

As far as unsigned drivers go, most of them should work, especially if they were WHQL certified, although in some cases, you may end up in tricky situations (ie the driver was intended for 32-bit system and you have a 64-bit system).

That being said, I agree the product should not be advertised as running on Windows 7.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
So there is no driver, he told you to try manually from existing pack. Did you try anything else like ASIO for all? Only good Windows (as far as that edition got) is one at the end of development but not DOA which by the way 10 is now. Win 7 whosent anything special nor it is/whose 10. At least it doesn't need nead additional (uses M$ generic UA2 one) USB DAC driver (in most cases for basic functionality) at all. Quality of drivers and manufacturer support are another pair of slippers.

Last edited:
OP
M

Marty111

I've tried pretty much everything.
@PierreV: I don't have a F8 key option in the bios, also there might be some issue about that method that makes you able to install the driver, but after you restart windows normally the driver is blocked again by windows.

OP
M

Marty111

1) Of course it's all about money.
2) A good portion of the human race is dishonest. A good portion of the human race has always been dishonest. A good portion of the human race will always be dishonest.
3) If you (or anyone else) doesn't use due diligence in gauging your transactions, especially over the 'net, then you are leaving yourself open to untoward consequences that were avoidable. You have a responsibility to protect yourself.
I know but the guy seemed kinda popular in the forum so I though it was ok to trust him. Sometimes you have to trust, although I agree, I shouldn't have been that trusty.

TK750

I mean I don't really think any of this is unreasonable, you're using an ancient and unsupported OS. It's worked for others but apparently not for you, he tried to help but unfortunately it didn't seem to work (I didn't bother reading the troubleshooting too carefully). He's offered a refund if you return the item, this is pretty standard practice even with companies that are an order of magnitude larger. For some reason you hate 'to send things back and hate to sell them on'. Expecting a refund and keeping the device is pretty unreasonable imo =S.

D

Deleted member 21219

I know but the guy seemed kinda popular in the forum so I though it was ok to trust him. Sometimes you have to trust, although I agree, I shouldn't have been that trusty.

I didn't mean to be critical to an undue degree. In fact, I've deleted my post. But please use caution in the future. Jim

OP
M

Marty111

I mean I don't really think any of this is unreasonable, you're using an ancient and unsupported OS. It's worked for others but apparently not for you, he tried to help but unfortunately it didn't seem to work (I didn't bother reading the troubleshooting too carefully). He's offered a refund if you return the item, this is pretty standard practice even with companies that are an order of magnitude larger. For some reason you hate 'to send things back and hate to sell them on'. Expecting a refund and keeping the device is pretty unreasonable imo =S.
No, if you read carefully you'll see that he carefully chooses his words to make you think that his device works with windows 7. Never did he mentioned that he didn't test it thoughtfully under windows 7. And my question was pretty clear : I needed the guaranty that the device was going to work under windows 7.

I asked for a partial refund, not even a full one. It's fair enough. Why should I pay to send it back (and for how much?) from France to far away China, and when will it arrive if at all ? And anyway why should I accept his conditions like a sheep? Why is asking the customer to return the item the norm today instead of taking at least a bit of responsibility? I really don't think that my proposition is wrong, especially considering his attitude. Also I have no guaranty that he will refund the item because his wife asked me to pay "as a friend" with paypal. The guy looked popular in the forum so I told myself why not spare him the paypal fees?

Last edited:
OP
M

Marty111

I didn't mean to be critical to an undue degree. In fact, I've deleted my post. But please use caution in the future. Jim
No offense taken, I've been dumb, I know it. Unfortunately it's not the first time that I trust a sly seller that knows too much how desperate you are to find the perfect product for what you need.

Koeitje

Major Contributor
Its 12 year old operating system, time to upgrade to a modern OS.

black_flag

@Marty111 i had driver issues that stopped my Win7 PC connecting to the Cosmos ADC. So downloaded & installed the latest driver from the USB bridge supplier Comtrue and had it working within a couple of connection/install/reboot cycles. Bit brute force if i'm honest. The Tweaks app still doesn't work but i'm less bothered about the tradeoff.

TK750

No, ii you read carefully you'll see that he carefully chooses his words to make you think that his device works with windows 7. Never did he mentioned that he didn't test it thoughtfully under windows 7. And my question was pretty clear : I needed the guaranty that the device was going to work under windows 7.
Sorry, I don't agree. He does say it works but never implies there has been much testing. It does work for at least some people as they say so in the thread.

1635336879086.png

Why would he test it thoroughly under windows 7 anyway? How far back do we need to go xp? 95? dos?

It's unfortunate for sure but I really don't think there has been any foul play or 'slyness'.

Trell

Major Contributor
RME still supports Windows 7, and for some of their products their is even drivers for Windows XP SP2.

They are catering to the pro market where I guess some customers still runs Windows 7.

OP
M

Marty111

Sorry, I don't agree. He does say it works but never implies there has been much testing. It does work for at least some people as they say so in the thread.

View attachment 161683

Why would he test it thoroughly under windows 7 anyway? How far back do we need to go xp? 95? dos?

It's unfortunate for sure but I really don't think there has been any foul play or 'slyness'.
Indeed, but he said it worked under win7, that I just needed to use the driver for that. For me it implied that he tested it under win7. And what value has a test if that test isn't thorough?

PierreV

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've tried pretty much everything.
@PierreV: I don't have a F8 key option in the bios, also there might be some issue about that method that makes you able to install the driver, but after you restart windows normally the driver is blocked again by windows.

It's not in the BIOS... You press it and hold it right after the POST (Power On Self Test) done by the BIOS when Windows starts.

OP
M

Marty111

@Marty111 i had driver issues that stopped my Win7 PC connecting to the Cosmos ADC. So downloaded & installed the latest driver from the USB bridge supplier Comtrue and had it working within a couple of connection/install/reboot cycles. Bit brute force if i'm honest. The Tweaks app still doesn't work but i'm less bothered about the tradeoff.
I have tried that driver, maybe I'll try some more as you say it works if repeating the task. But I don't think it will work, win7 blocks it anyway, because it's unsigned. I tried it manually, in two different ways.

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Indeed, but he said it worked under win7, that I just needed to use the driver for that. For me it implied that he tested it under win7. And what value has a test if that test isn't thorough?
Ivan is a single individual creating some innovative gadgets. He didn't write the device driver, and I assume he relied on some other company to tell him what O/S'es it supports. Since Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft, issues like this will become more and more common. Ivan's text on the website says this, now:

Windows 10 doesn't need the driver but Windows 7 does and the driver installation may require manual installation. So, if you are not ready for that the good idea just update W7 for W10.

To disable driver signature verification in Windows 7, please see this: https://ccm.net/faq/3914-how-to-install-unsigned-drivers-on-windows-7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom