• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 29 4.3%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 640 94.3%

• Total voters

Spocko

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm so glad the donor and the tester got the 8361A on the site! Everyone was waiting for that and you delivered. **thank you**
I'm an 2x 8341 owner since May with GLM and rotary volume control if you have not seen me before. ;-) Hi.
I've been through the thread and the only thing that niggles me is pages back one poster was kind enough to show off his right side '61 and '51 together. Some comments back there on what was what so, one way to identify a '51 out of a field of Ones is that the LED on the baffle is offset vs. in center with the concentric MT.
Without scale '31A '41A '61A look identical but you can always pick out a '51B.
I have never heard 31 51 61
You all rock and I appreciate reading your comments! ::peace::
And as an encouragement to many who feel that maybe the 8351/8361 are out of reach at current prices, the 8351A (2015 to 2018) are making their way into the secondary market (excellent performers in their own right) so you may be able to get into the Ones for around $4,500 to $5,000 a pair.

G|force

Forum Donor
While I have some world eyes looking at this discussion, may I make a request that hopefully you can amplify?
I have made these remarks elsewhere, so if this seems familiar..
I really don't need or want subs for (2) 8341.
For their intended near field use, 4' equilateral in my case, it's just GAS to add subs and in the meantime (2) 7350A subs are no-go anyway because they have a toggled power switch. When Gen makes a 7350B I will buy two. Because. GAS

richard12511

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm so glad the donor and the tester got the 8361A on the site! Everyone was waiting for that and you delivered. **thank you**
I'm an 2x 8341 owner since May with GLM and rotary volume control if you have not seen me before. ;-) Hi.
I've been through the thread and the only thing that niggles me is pages back one poster was kind enough to show off his right side '61 and '51 together. Some comments back there on what was what so, one way to identify a '51 out of a field of Ones is that the LED on the baffle is offset vs. in center with the concentric MT.
Interesting. I hadn't noticed that difference between the 41 and 51, and those are the 2 I usually have the most trouble picking out for me. 61 has always been easy for me to identify, as it's so massive, and the black midrange/tweeter looks so tiny in comparison to the size of the baffle.

Nicholas B

Well... All this review has done for me is to put me in a position where I need to find 10 grand I can blow - right now! :) Fantastic. Thanks.
Maybe see what you can get for a family member ...

Spocko

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
How much does a kidney sells for these days

A kidney is always an option...
Kidneys currently go for over $200,000 if being paid in regular currency and more if you're willing to accept bitcoin. Please find a reputable broker - these sort of things have a way of going sideways if you catch my drift. Demand the procedure take place in North American soil if at all possible.

echopraxia

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Here’s a more perspective-neutral size comparison of the 8351B vs 8361A:

C061504A-596A-44FE-95E1-0CFF1DEDFC1F.jpeg

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbapapa
Interesting. I hadn't noticed that difference between the 41 and 51, and those are the 2 I usually have the most trouble picking out for me. 61 has always been easy for me to identify, as it's so massive, and the black midrange/tweeter looks so tiny in comparison to the size of the baffle.
Also from aesthetic point of view I prefer the proportions of the 51 as the 61 looks too "fat" to me, a bit like the 70s cartoon Barbapapa. :p

Top Bottom