• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Gaming/music headphones

nike1212

Recently bought the Hifiman Sundara 2020, which sounds very good, but unfortunately,
they are not great for hearing where players are in games like CSGO2. Also, I find them to be very tight-fitting."

I hope to get some alternatives that have the sound quality of Sundara but with improvements in imaging and isolation.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I use Sennheiser HD 598SR headphones for everything. I game with the latest FPS shooters and sniper games and find the location of sound to be excellent. Sennheisers from what I read have imaging and for your price range you have a selection of open and closed back models to choose from. I would link you but geolocation kicks in with Sennheiser websites and you would not see what I see.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Hifiman Ananda is much better. Grab one open box from Hifiman and the have the wide and deep soundstage. Also not right fitting. The Sundara has no depth to the soundstage. Enemies have be right on top of you before hearing them. They're wide, so it's disorienting to play games with those.

OP
nike1212

nike1212

The Hifiman Ananda is much better. Grab one open box from Hifiman and the have the wide and deep soundstage. Also not right fitting. The Sundara has no depth to the soundstage. Enemies have be right on top of you before hearing them. They're wide, so it's disorienting to play games with those.
Ananda 1 or 2?

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ananda Stealth is what I've got, compared to the original the imaging is more accurate and not a hint of distortion even in explosion heavy games. Can hear behind you and track moving sounds better. Same comfort since it's the nice wide ski style headband.

OP
nike1212

nike1212

Ananda Stealth is what I've got, compared to the original the imaging is more accurate and not a hint of distortion even in explosion heavy games. Can hear behind you and track moving sounds better. Same comfort since it's the nice wide ski style headband.
I got them today, they are awesome! Thank you alot! But what do you think about Ananda nano?

Last edited:
Top Bottom