• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which flagship headphone has fantastic soundstage/imaging und bass?

gimlet

You can get a tactile bass transducer to help you with that. I use a Subpac S2 to recreate the tactile feel of a sub in the room. Takes some tweaking, but I find it helps a great deal, especially when used with the Realiser.
Thanks - looks interesting. Hopefully they will be available again if there is enough demand.

OP
G
I appreciate all the responses. I got a used (but practically new) Warwick bravura HP sytem for 4.2k. it might not have the most visceral bass but it excels in everything else. I will try use some virtualizer suggestions on it and see if i finds something i am happy with. Maybe i will upgrade to a realizer in the future.

johny_2000

The lcd x seem very good for bass and , although maybe not the absolute best in the soundstage/imgaing department. Since I sometimes game for many hours I fear they would be to heavy for that.

I haven’t heard much good about the DCA expanse but will check it out again along with the stealth but I will check them out again.
I'd love to try both of these headphones on my rig and playlist, but both of these companies have anti-customer return/refund policies. They want you to send it back at your own expense, they want to deduct shipping costs and restocking fees. Considering the prices of these items, even a test drive could potentially cost you hundreds $ in losses.

Top Bottom