• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

gaming headset ~$50 - $200 without mic

martin22

Hi,

I am looking for a "gaming" headset (without microphone, no problem if there is).

I do not really want some "fancy" headset, because I believe, that it is overpriced compared to some headphones without the label "gaming" on them.

I have seen crinacle's THE BEST GAMING HEADPHONES don't matter video and I was thinking about the AKG K612 Pro.

But the video is uploaded on 20th September 2021 and I think there could be some "new" headphones out there.

I am looking for: a "gaming" headset (without mic, no problem if there is), something with low bass and very high pinna gain (that should help with the sound of footsteps, right?)

Budget: $50 - $200

I am pretty new to this whole "audio scene" and I really appreciate any help or recommendations.

Thanks!

staticV3

Master Contributor
Consider IEMs in favor of headphones.
They're less sweaty to wear and you don't get headset hair.
Plus, in my experience, compared to headphones of the same price, you get better sound quality for music and footsteps are easier to hear.
The tricky part is finding a pair that fits your ears well, so that you can wear them for hours without dicomfort.

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
IEMs might be a good option if you can find one you like indeed. Not just the fit and comfort but also the sound. Personally I hate them all but I do realize I am on minority. As for headphones, HD560s is the default recommendation around here for gaming and meets your criteria of low bass and "high pinna gain".

markanini

Major Contributor
My suggestion is avoid sets that reproduce too much high treble and rumble, that will cause ear fatigue. An ASR user talked about a professional competitive gamer he knew using a Sennheiser HD599 despite having access to much fancier sets. My guess is that the warm tilt works better in the long run. I've gamed with AKG K612 BTW, it's a more capable set for music enjoyment than gaming IMO, unless to reduce the highs with EQ.

Top Bottom