• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Have plenty of headphones, but need to add a mic. Should I get a gaming headset for PC?

Orion76

I have a Topping E50 DAC, Topping L50 headphone amp, and tons of headphones and IEMs. But I need a mic to play a team based shooter (Hell Let Loose) on my PC. Should I get a gaming headset with built in mic, or is there a decent way to add a mic to my setup?
Thanks!

someguyontheinternet

I second the Antlion mic suggestion. I've been using the wireless version for 2 years now and it's pretty stable.

The controls take a bit to get used to since there is only one button and the on/off/pairing function is mapped via press duration.
I personally found attaching the mic to an elevated magnetic surface (the laptop stand in my case) more convenient compared to sticking it on my headphone.

OP
Orion76

Orion76

Thanks, I will check that out. The system for mounting the mic on any headphone works well?

markanini

Major Contributor
I got a $10 Agptek lav mic Amazon, my setup sounds better than my friends $100+ setup.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I second that, lapel mics are so convenient. With open back headphones you can position it so it doesnt pickup sound leakage too.
I got a $10 Agptek lav mic Amazon, my setup sounds better than my friends $100+ setup.

Top Bottom