• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi ZA3 TPA3255 Mono/Stereo Switchable Amplifier, and vs Aiyima A07 Max

SWSL

I never find any subs on a music concert.
I don't think that your assumption is correct. R/livesound is one place to learn more about live music sound systems if you want to justify an opinion with facts. But certainly valid to say you don't like subs. I suspect that what you actually mean is that you don't like the way most people tend to balance their subs with the rest.

OldTimer

I don't think that your assumption is correct. R/livesound is one place to learn more about live music sound systems if you want to justify an opinion with facts. But certainly valid to say you don't like subs. I suspect that what you actually mean is that you don't like the way most people tend to balance their subs with the rest.
It’s my personal experience and taste.

tjeff1

So the ZA3 does not bridge in mono mode. And only drops one channel to fully utilize the power supply.

Does the A07 Max "bridge" in mono mode? Does any body know?

Thanks!

K.Kevin

ninetylol

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I still cant decide between A07 MAX (48V 63V caps) , ZA3 (48V) or WiiM Amp.

A07 MAX would be my cheapest option.

WiiM Amp most comfortable.

Bought Fosi ZA3 for the trigger but I would still need to turn on my SU1 manually anyway.

G-Can

Turn on su-1?
That thing wastes no energy when on. It's like a usb stick :D

Personally, I feel that wiim amp is the way to go for AIO device

Jeromeof

Forum Donor

Bought Fosi ZA3 for the trigger but I would still need to turn on my SU1 manually anyway.
If depends on what you think you might want in the future. Especially as far as using them as Monoblocks and when and how you want a subwoofer integrated.

If you feel you might want a Mono-block setup and have something like a MiniDSP further up your stack to properly setup crossovers, the A07 MAX is a great device especially at the price.

If you are starting out or have a spare subwoofer to go with some bookshelf speakers I think the ZA3 is tremendous especially if you pair it with say a WiiM Pro Plus (with its decent DAC) and the WiiM PEQ capabilities. It gives lots options e.g. triggers to wake up the ZA3, the subwoofer output without needing something like a MiniDSP to manage the subwoofer. I have a WiiM Pro and a SU-1 feeding the ZA3 and it works great - the SU-1 uses hardly any power so not really a concern.

Then WiiM Amp is a good allrounder - not sure it will measure as well as the individual components e.g. its Amp won't measure as good as a ZA3 or A07 MAX (but it will be close I think) its built in DAC won't be as good as the WiiM Pro Plus one (or the SU-1) and can't be used externally and there isn't any option for Mono block setup etc but the WiiM platform does provide management over the subwoofer and PEQ and multi-room playback etc The WiiM Amp is a 'bring your own speakers' device - i.e. it can do lots of things pretty well and if you aren't interested in separate component that you can individually upgrade it a great option.

ninetylol

If depends on what you think you might want in the future. Especially as far as using them as Monoblocks and when and how you want a subwoofer integrated.

If you feel you might want a Mono-block setup and have something like a MiniDSP further up your stack to properly setup crossovers, the A07 MAX is a great device especially at the price.

If you are starting out or have a spare subwoofer to go with some bookshelf speakers I think the ZA3 is tremendous especially if you pair it with say a WiiM Pro Plus (with its decent DAC) and the WiiM PEQ capabilities. It gives lots options e.g. triggers to wake up the ZA3, the subwoofer output without needing something like a MiniDSP to manage the subwoofer. I have a WiiM Pro and a SU-1 feeding the ZA3 and it works great - the SU-1 uses hardly any power so not really a concern.

Then WiiM Amp is a good allrounder - not sure it will measure as well as the individual components e.g. its Amp won't measure as good as a ZA3 or A07 MAX (but it will be close I think) its built in DAC won't be as good as the WiiM Pro Plus one (or the SU-1) and can't be used externally and there isn't any option for Mono block setup etc but the WiiM platform does provide management over the subwoofer and PEQ and multi-room playback etc The WiiM Amp is a 'bring your own speakers' device - i.e. it can do lots of things pretty well and if you aren't interested in separate component that you can individually upgrade it a great option.
I think i might get a sub one day, so yeh it would be ZA3 oder WiiM Amp. Since my Speakers (DBR62) would tremendously benfit from a high pass filter, only the WiiM Amp would fit actually. But thats talking about the future, when i actually can use a sub.

For the time being A07MAX or ZA3 would probably be minimally better with less comfort (no AIO unit). Would be great to see Amirs measurements of ZA3 to make a final decision.

Thanks a lot though!

T&T

I found the fosi v3 more susceptible to different opamp rolls will change who sounds, I just get the Aiyima A07 max using geshelli akm4499 is hard to hear any differences between ss3602 and Muses02, but I'm not using neither those opamp in Aiyima Max with 63v caps and the 48v power supply have
ferrite core which is missing in v3 power supply, 07max has far more components than fosi V3...07Max sound Amazing, that been said I doubt ZA3 will sound better, will measure better maybe but for me is how sounds.

Last edited:

G-Can

I found the fosi v3 more susceptible to different opamp rolls will change who sounds, I just get the Aiyima A07 max using geshelli akm4499 is hard to hear any differences between ss3602 and Muses02, but I'm not using neither those opamp in Aiyima Max with 63v caps and the 48v power supply have
ferrite core which is missing in v3 power supply, 07max has far more components than fosi V3...07Max sound Amazing, that been said I doubt ZA3 will sound better, will measure better maybe but for me is how sounds.
For you guys that got ZA3, how does power brick look like and does it follow NA standards?
Why I'm asking is today I ordered a 48V power brick for my Fosi BE (from Fosi Amazon page) and received some generic brick with zero info other then output power.
No manufacturer branding, source, nothing.

I am not comfortable having something like that plugged in in my audio rack.

Could anyone post a photo of theirs?

T&T

For you guys that got ZA3, how does power brick look like and does it follow NA standards?
Why I'm asking is today I ordered a 48V power brick for my Fosi BE (from Fosi Amazon page) and received some generic brick with zero info other then output power.

I don't have the za3 and so far nobody have reported problems with the power supply ... if something happens most like will happen to your amp only. Relax enjoy your favorite music.

G-Can

I don't have the za3 and so far nobody have reported problems with the power supply ... if something happens most like will happen to your amp only. Relax enjoy your favorite music.
I mean, with that logic I could go order from AliExpress some garbage power brick for 10bucks, and not 60 (cad)

Reactions: MCH
OP
Guddu

Guddu

The pic of the psu is in the 1st post of this thread.

T&T

I mean, with that logic I could go order from AliExpress some garbage power brick for 10bucks, and not 60 (cad)
In this world you get what you pay...People here only talk about meanwells power supply or the one that fosi or aiyima sell. I have another 48v made for security camera works fine, sounds different, I used that for like a year or so, stills ok.

hanzo1001

I use the 48v 5a aiyima adapter ( come with A07 max ) to power ZA3 . 32v and 48v aiyima dapter have the same size , the 48v adapter come with ZA3 bigger than 48v aiyima adapter

grogi.giant

48V sold by Fosi is excellent and you pay premium for it. If you ordered one from Fosi shop, you should get one with JYH23Z-4800500-BF code.

jooc

That cheapaudioman guy said he liked the WiiM amp for what it delivered for the price, but he could hear differences between that and his inexpensive wiim-mini/some DAC/Z3 amp streamer combo. His Z3 combo sounded better to his ears than the WiiM amp. That's his subjective take so take it FWIW, but he seems to listen to everything.

Audiophilius

Hello and greetings from Germany.

I have a question about my fosi.

I have a little problem with that. When I turn up the volume control from zero to the first tone, I first get sound on the left channel and later also on the right.

Do you have that too?

Can you please try it out? That would be very nice.

Have a nice day

Nicolas_

Considering neither the Za3 nor the AO7 has a remote, if you'd use them with a WiiM Pro Plus, would you be able to control the volume remotely somehow?
Would it be very sub optimal?
Seems like these quite powerful, very capable amps are to be restricted to a desktop use, so mostly for nearfield use, that kind of puzzles me...

Audiophilius

Hi, I can use my DAC as a preamp but I'm also concerned about the principle because for me it's a poor quality feature. If I want to use it normally, it is simply impossible to listen at low volumes because one channel is significantly louder than the other. Only when I make it significantly louder does the level become the same. In another thread, another user confirmed the same situation to me. I'm asking again because I'm unsure about keeping him.

I'm just interested in whether it's a general feature in a negative sense

Top Bottom