• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi BT30D Pro - dual TPA3255 - how much power?

Lycogala

As I understand it, the BT30D Pro uses two TPA3255 chips, one in stereo for the speakers and one in mono (bridged?) for the subwoofer. Is this accurate?

That being said, I'm curious - theoretically - how much power this thing would be capable of, assuming of course it had an adequate power supply.

I have seen a dyno run of a single TPA3255 amplifier running in stereo (2 channel), at 2 ohms pulling over 300w per channel (600w total). If you look at the Texas Instruments data sheet for the chip, that is actually in line with their specifications: https://www.ti.com/product/TPA3255

So - theoretically - if you were to supply the BT30D Pro with enough juice, would you be able to pull 1200w? Obviously you would have to deal with the heat, and you would probably trip the protections in this amp.

I bought one recently, and I have a 600w power supply (36v 16a) on the way. At some point I intend to hook up a 4ohm sub and I'm just curious what you think I might be able to pull out of this thing. Think it'll do 400w@4ohms on the mono channel? Am I misunderstanding the specs?

Disclaimer: I realize this is stupid and I'll probably blow it up at some point. All in the name of science!

Last edited:

Calor

I don't know but I own a BT30D Pro with a pair of bookshelf speakers (13cm + Twt 25mm) and a passive sub with a 6x9" 4ohms speaker and the result is beyond my expectations.
I use the oem power supply.
It's a nice setup for a small room <20m2. I know that I can boost the amp with a more powerful power supply like all the TPS3255 chips but I prefer to stay like this (no heat, no problem since two years).

Top Bottom