• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio's First Dual-Mode Balanced Amplifier ZA3

maty

Major Contributor
-> Sparkos Labs SS3602

Fosi ZA3 + Sparkos Op-amp - The real deal - Don't miss out !!!

Portapapeles02.png

Portapapeles04.png

Portapapeles06.png

Last edited:

doug s.

maty != Greg
sorry, maty, i don't understand your answer.

or, are you just saying it's what you heard on your speakers, listening to the recording? it seemed to me initially, that you were comparing your own fosi amps w/the different op amps. i don't think i could even begin to try to compare something i heard from a recording of another system over a youtube video...

doug s.

maty

Major Contributor
That maty is me and, as the great Spanish philosopher Ortega y Gasset would say, my circumstances.

In my second audio system, the cheap one, connected to a PC with W10 optimized for multimedia (minimization of the jitter created in the CPU), I listen to the music with my modified KEF Q100 5.25 coaxial via the Magnat MA 900 hybrid integrated (modified three weeks ago, like almost all the audio hardware I have at home). Near-field usually.

On my X / Twitter account I have long threads about audio and music as well as other topics. In one of them I focus on FOSI amplifiers and different op-amps.

maty

Major Contributor
The rest of us still don't understand what this means.:oops:

Without acrimony, it is supposed to be taught in math classes (Algebra) in compulsory education < 16 years old to everyone, at least years ago. Then in programming. But the educational system in most Western countries has been in free fall for too many years, as evidenced by the PISA reports.

!=.png

MCH

Major Contributor
Without acrimony, it is supposed to be taught in math classes (Algebra) in compulsory education < 16 years old to everyone, at least years ago. Then in programming. But the educational system in most Western countries has been in free fall for too many years, as evidenced by the PISA reports.

View attachment 353930
this is not my field, so i could be wrong, but i think what you are saying is not correct.
The maths symbol for not equal is ≠, and this is what people do and should learn in the school. The symbol you use is used in some computer languages, probably because in the old times they didn't have the actual symbol.

Talisman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
How heartbreaking are all these useless posts on operational amplifiers, but am I the only one who finds this useless and boring as hell?

Zimmerframe

How heartbreaking are all these useless posts on operational amplifiers, but am I the only one who finds this useless and boring as hell?
I think we can all agree that they'd sound better if they were available in Orange to match the volume knob.

iLoveCats

[ ..when I've removed all unused opamps, that made a big difference in sound too! ]

View attachment 354102
I removed the unused op amps yesterday and watched Netflix all day with the wife. For sure better vocals. Previously I already thought the vocals improved when I swapped to burr brown opa2604 op amps, I described it in the other thread as 'voicey'. This is good for me because the amp is primarily used for TV sound even though it's my main music system too.

maty

Major Contributor
A note

We know that the Fosi and other cheap class D do not have the PFFB implemented for now, so the impedance graph of the speakers must be taken into account > 10 kHz in case it triggers at >> 4 Ohms.

Qualio IQ speakers (YT video) use the Mundorf AMT17D2.2 Dipole AMT Tweeter. I investigate and it complies with the above, so the Fosi ZA3 and others must work well with them.

Impressive measurements (and price).

Mundorf-AMT17d2.2-imp.png

doug s.

Hello friend, you can refer to this video we've uploaded. Timestamp at 12:26 Rolling the Op-Amps

hi!

there seems to be some confusion regarding replacing op amps when the za3 is to be used in mono mode. or even using the stock op-amps. i've read that you only need to use the op amp for the right channel when in mono mode, and you can remove the left channel op amp altogether. as shown here:
index.php

but another thought is that you actually do need the left channel op amp in the circuit when in mono mode, to get the full effect of the amp's capabilities. please explain/advise.

thanks!

doug s.

Top Bottom