• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio V3 amplifier discussion

gafortiby

Fosi Audio is releasing their new V3 amp. The model name is a bit confusing but oh well. Functionality it is like the Aiyima A07. Amp with RCA in, sub out, volume and power switch. Nothing else to distract you.

I am not sure why it is on Kickstarter to launch, but I backed it since I was hunting for a simple amp.

Let’s hope their published SINAD and SNR holds true on release.

Is anyone else getting one? Curious what you all think about their claims for high grade components and improved heat sink. Is it an improvement to make the chassis act as the heat sink? Maybe it will get too hot to the touch?

1682481046101.png

Freezak

I backed it up as well - simply because proper cooling solution was the only thing that was missing in Aiyima A07 for me. That being said, apparently internals such as capacitors are better too, the only thing missing to me in an amp like this one is a remote, not sure how would i control a volume from the other side of the room - but i've already accepted this compromise before backing up this amp on kickstarter. Hope all goes well and it'll turn out to be as good as A07 or BT20A Pro.

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
Looking forward to a review - and how it compares to the A07. So glad someone got on the case venting, that seemed like such a no-brainer to offer...

D

Deleted member 48726

It looks like a nice little amp. I like that they actually listen to feedback and suggestions and implements changes people suggest.

john61ct

I'd like to see it compared to the power output section of the BT20A Pro "300W x2"

Wanting to drive OG LS50s at high SPL for cheap.

This trend of gain pots on power amps is great for speaker protection, set its max below clipping then lock it up

let the kids try to go to 11 with the source controls (likely their phone)

Yasuo

Generaly speaking I love the idea of the chassis acting as a heat sink.

zeluxao

I backed it up as well - simply because proper cooling solution was the only thing that was missing in Aiyima A07 for me. That being said, apparently internals such as capacitors are better too, the only thing missing to me in an amp like this one is a remote, not sure how would i control a volume from the other side of the room - but i've already accepted this compromise before backing up this amp on kickstarter. Hope all goes well and it'll turn out to be as good as A07 or BT20A Pro.
The overall aesthetics are also getting better. Like the clean look of this unit, the font used (type and size) and the small logo on the top also looks nice and differenciator. It would be nice if they could build a stackable preamp with a remote. Maybe more on the digital realm, including other features such as tone controls, some eq options (loudness, bass boost, etc.), and a screen/ display that was dimmable and with auto off. Oh, and with colour options for the unit itself (black and that grey of the bt20a pro)so it could be used with some of their other models on offer that also don't have a remote.

OP
G

gafortiby

Yes @Fosi Audio, if the V3 delivers the great sound you promised, it would be great to make stackable units.

Multi band EQ
Headphone Amp
DAC
And more!

robwpdx

It seems like this could make a nice micro-monoblock if differentially driven?

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
The overall aesthetics are also getting better. Like the clean look of this unit, the font used (type and size) and the small logo on the top also looks nice and differenciator. It would be nice if they could build a stackable preamp with a remote. Maybe more on the digital realm, including other features such as tone controls, some eq options (loudness, bass boost, etc.), and a screen/ display that was dimmable and with auto off. Oh, and with colour options for the unit itself (black and that grey of the bt20a pro)so it could be used with some of their other models on offer that also don't have a remote.
Thank you, indeed we are develping a preamp with the same chassis.

Why do you want a remote? Where will you use this amp?

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Fosi Audio is releasing their new V3 amp. The model name is a bit confusing but oh well. Functionality it is like the Aiyima A07. Amp with RCA in, sub out, volume and power switch. Nothing else to distract you.

I am not sure why it is on Kickstarter to launch, but I backed it since I was hunting for a simple amp.

Let’s hope their published SINAD and SNR holds true on release.

Is anyone else getting one? Curious what you all think about their claims for high grade components and improved heat sink. Is it an improvement to make the chassis act as the heat sink? Maybe it will get too hot to the touch?

View attachment 281482
The V3 is from our first model V1.0

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Yes @Fosi Audio, if the V3 delivers the great sound you promised, it would be great to make stackable units.

Multi band EQ
Headphone Amp
DAC
And more!

For the EQ, how many bands do you think are appropriate?

We are thinking of super bass, bass, middle, and treble.

OP
G

gafortiby

Thank you, indeed we are develping a preamp with the same chassis.

Why do you want a remote? Where will you use this amp?
I am using this as a desktop amp so I don’t want a remote. And people who are using it for headphone listening also do not want a remote.

However there are many people here who want to use class D amps as their home theater system. Then of course you need a remote.

OP
G

gafortiby

For the EQ, how many bands do you think are appropriate?

We are thinking of super bass, bass, middle, and treble.
The trick with EQ is to make sure it does not introduce any signal noise. It will be hard!

I the EQ choice is difficult because it really depends on the musical instruments. Even more complicated if it’s movies with sound effects. Your four choices sound good. Schiit audio makes a very nice EQ with 20Hz, 400Hz, 2kHz, 8kHz. Of course a great EQ should have “bypass” mode or a very nice middle detent click to make the settings flat. According to the reviews of your BT20a Pro, you already know how to make a EQ knob with a perfect neutral detent.

By the way I think you mean “sub bass” meaning all frequencies below 50hz, not “super bass” which is what cheap audio products call their awful sounding distorted bass.

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
I am using this as a desktop amp so I don’t want a remote. And people who are using it for headphone listening also do not want a remote.

However there are many people here who want to use class D amps as their home theater system. Then of course you need a remote.
Use a power amplifier for headphone listening?

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
The trick with EQ is to make sure it does not introduce any signal noise. It will be hard!

I the EQ choice is difficult because it really depends on the musical instruments. Even more complicated if it’s movies with sound effects. Your four choices sound good. Schiit audio makes a very nice EQ with 20Hz, 400Hz, 2kHz, 8kHz. Of course a great EQ should have “bypass” mode or a very nice middle detent click to make the settings flat. According to the reviews of your BT20a Pro, you already know how to make a EQ knob with a perfect neutral detent.

By the way I think you mean “sub bass” meaning all frequencies below 50hz, not “super bass” which is what cheap audio products call their awful sounding distorted bass.

Thanks for your message, we will think whether a bypass mode is necessary for an EQ, but yes a middle detent click is a good feature.

Yes, sub bass, and we will figure out which band.

Top Bottom