• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio TB10D Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 18 6.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 75 29.0%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 136 52.5%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 30 11.6%

• Total voters

KaeliKoo

Amazon had TB10D for $60 yesterday with the 32V power supply included. Dang, just could not resist. I have no way of knowing, but the TB10D seems to be the BT20A Pro without bluetooth, pre-out, and op-amp swapping.

Last edited:

dpuopolo

Amazon had TB10D for $60 yesterday with the 32V power supply included. Dang, just could not resist. I have no way of knowing, but the TB10D seems to be the BT20A Pro without bluetooth, pre-out, and op-amp swapping.
I would have spent the extra 17 dollars and bought the Fosi V3 for 77 dollars with the 12 dollar off coupon in the V3 thread here. 13 db better SINAD.

dpuopolo

I got mine yesterday. Built like a brick house. Sounds great. Only running the 32 volt power supply for now.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I got mine yesterday. Built like a brick house. Sounds great. Only running the 32 volt power supply for now.
LoL. I spent more than this amp costs for gin'n tonics and gold tequila the other day. It's fantastic value for the money.

milosz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Yeah I had to buy one also. I have more amplifiers than I can ever use. But I couldn't resist.

hukkfinn

Well, overall the Fosi was ok but the noise floor was much worse than the Dayton APA150. I think the power supply on the Dayton might be superior. There is a hiss from the tweeter on both that's probably acceptable but the woofer was making a hum from the Fosi that isn't there on the Dayton that was unacceptable and the reason I'm returning it. Not sure if I got a dud and it's worth trying another or I might just stick with the Dayton.

A bit dissapointing. Any recommendations are welcome.
It sounds like you may have gotten one of the earlier units, rather than the "[Upgraded Version]"?

hukkfinn

What I have noticed with this amplifier is that it is absolutely unmanageable at very low volumes, the minimum volume where both channels push equally is incredibly loud, so much so that I can't use it as background music in the evening if I use the fixed output of the dac. I find this very annoying in an integrated amplifier, and I don't like managing the volume from the dac. I hope that with later models you fix this problem @Fosi Audio
Any chance you did not get the "[Upgraded Version]"? One of the big complaints with the first version of the TB10D was its behavior and lack of control at lower volumes. My TB10D which is the Upgraded Version needs to be cranked up to 2:30 before any real music starts playing.

hukkfinn

I am maybe thinking of changing the power supply but have no idea where to purchase the 48v from
I have acquired Fosi's larger power supply and while the bass grip improves, the midrange openness is squished down to a darker kind of sound -- overall I prefer listening with the stock power supply. Just better midrange.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I have acquired Fosi's larger power supply and while the bass grip improves, the midrange openness is squished down to a darker kind of sound -- overall I prefer listening with the stock power supply. Just better midrange.
Since a bigger PSU only delivers more volts and/or more amps (and both only when needed - IE At full volume), and doesn't alter the characteristics of the amp in any other way - this seems unlikely.

Last edited:

hukkfinn

Since a bigger PSU only delivers more volts and/or more amps (and both only when needed - IE At full volume), and doesn't alter the characteristics of the amp in any other way - this seems unlikely.
Well, it's not only a "bigger" power supply. It's a different power supply. One says "Fosi", the other doesn't. One is model no. JYH23Z-4800500-BF and the other is model no. SW202732005000D. One is UL listed, the other is not. The graphics and warnings on the cases, and the shape of the cases, are very different. The power supply is a critical part of most audio equipment, as I'm sure you know, and a different PS opens the door to possible differences in sound quality. If you have both supplies and hear no difference in your system, that would be interesting to hear about.

Just got mine today to replace my BT30D Pro and grabbed the 48V supply also. Holy wow! I have a FiiO BTA30 Pro doing the receiving and the amp runs to a pair of B&W 603 I had and stopped using after upgrading. The extra boost really drives the speakers well. I have volume set at about noon, bass at about 10:00 and Treble at noon. Volume on the FiiO at about 3:00. Coning over LDAC from a Fiio M11 Plus with hi-res files. I am incredibly impressed.

Kimbrough Xu

Just got mine today to replace my BT30D Pro and grabbed the 48V supply also. Holy wow! I have a FiiO BTA30 Pro doing the receiving and the amp runs to a pair of B&W 603 I had and stopped using after upgrading. The extra boost really drives the speakers well. I have volume set at about noon, bass at about 10:00 and Treble at noon. Volume on the FiiO at about 3:00. Coning over LDAC from a Fiio M11 Plus with hi-res files. I am incredibly impressed.
Are you using on your desk?

Are you using on your desk?
I actually use it in a cabinet across the room from me. I also have added a small USB powered fan to blow on it as it gets very hot. Imagine the room is rectangular and my desk is at one end (the short sides) and the at the other end of the room is a 1.5M cabinet with books etc. and on top of that I put the Fosi. The speakers are between that cabiney and me creating an equilateral triangle. Speakers are about 1.7 meters from me and apart from each other and behind that is the cabinet here the Fosi is placed. I use a FiiO M11 on my desk to control the music.

Kimbrough Xu

I actually use it in a cabinet across the room from me. I also have added a small USB powered fan to blow on it as it gets very hot. Imagine the room is rectangular and my desk is at one end (the short sides) and the at the other end of the room is a 1.5M cabinet with books etc. and on top of that I put the Fosi. The speakers are between that cabiney and me creating an equilateral triangle. Speakers are about 1.7 meters from me and apart from each other and behind that is the cabinet here the Fosi is placed. I use a FiiO M11 on my desk to control the music.
Interesting, so the sound is behind you.

Top Bottom