• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Financial status of YouTube reviewer

Theta

What kind of money are these jesters (sorry, I meant to say gentlemen) pulling down?

wunderkind

Depends on the subscriber base, likes, ads and whatever YT algorithms.

BlackTalon

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
You'll get more YT viewers (which means more $) if you also have an Only Fans account. They'll switch to watching you on YouTube when their SOs are around...

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
From memory, it is something like $1 per $1,000 views. It all depends on what type of ad it draws (subject matter) and demand for such ads.

You probably need to cross 100K subscribers to make decent amount of money. Otherwise you are liable to be working for less than minimum wage especially if you spend a ton of time on production quality/editing, etc.

wunderkind

Just do ASMR. There seems to be a phenomenon beyond my understanding about watching people chewing or unpacking Amazon packages. Perhaps being a young (and good looking) female type helps with the cause.

MCH

Major Contributor
I remember Linus tech tips talking about that in some of his videos a couple of months ago. He also has a video ranking his videos making more money, with revenue figures. (iirc something around 40k for some, but I am not sure)
Edit: there it is

Last edited:

LearningToSmile

Worth keeping in mind that the revenue from youtube itself and youtube-integrated ads is a small part of income of any full-time youtube creator these days.
Sponsored segments in videos and direct funding from the audience via services like patreon pay the bills most of the time.

dasdoing

Major Contributor
I would say it is kind of impossible to become a Youtuber with the goal of making it the main income source and actually succeed. Those YouTube millionaires are in this for decades PLUS they already occupy all rentable niches. You have to find an unknown high-potential niche (how do you know?), and invest months/years/thousands and might still fail. Also, the niche must be interesting for advertisers....because they chose the niches their ads are shown in.
Or you become viral with your personal 1-in-a-million talent and people love you

sam_adams

Major Contributor
You could do reviews of Off-Whites. There's this guy who is highly motivated . . .

D

Deleted member 48726

Those guessing on an earning are just pulling numbers out their a** it looks like.

It depends on
-the region tiers
-type of video
-category of video

And it ranges from 1-18 USD

Waxx

Major Contributor
I know a youtuber (not on audio, more on alternative lifestyles) with about a million followers for his weekley video, that earns about 200K€/a year with it. But it's not his only income (he has a job in advertising/multi media also) and he has sponsoring also, on YT and social media.

But there are very few of those, most who try don't earn much at all, even if they have followers and views. It all depends on how you fit in the market for the advertisers. it's hard and instable to rely on youtube for income. That guy I know earns enough outside youtube to live his life, youtube is just the extra.

OP
T

Theta

From memory, it is something like $1 per $1,000 views. It all depends on what type of ad it draws (subject matter) and demand for such ads.

You probably need to cross 100K subscribers to make decent amount of money. Otherwise you are liable to be working for less than minimum wage especially if you spend a ton of time on production quality/editing, etc.
I have gotten some interesting statistic on this subject (my earlier post). Popular reviewers like the Audiophiliac are in the 200K to 250K league. Darko about the same. More interesting is a video blogger named Rick Beato, a must site for musicians, 7 figures income according to "artist and celeb net worth"! Sometimes he gets into audiophile territory. He ran a controlled test on video: A young lady who is a classic trained musician in her 20s with perfect pitch and practicaly no hearing loss up to 19000hz. She could only pick out which tracks were Mp3 300 as apposed to 24bit 192 60% of the time.

bodhi

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sometimes he gets into audiophile territory. He ran a controlled test on video: A young lady who is a classic trained musician in her 20s with perfect pitch and practicaly no hearing loss up to 19000hz. She could only pick out which tracks were Mp3 300 as apposed to 24bit 192 60% of the time.

If you want to get into audiophile territory I recommend not doing any controlled tests... Those kind of videos would not be good for your income.

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have gotten some interesting statistic on this subject (my earlier post). Popular reviewers like the Audiophiliac are in the 200K to 250K league. Darko about the same.
Money for nothing and your kit for free.

I wrote a song about it but it ended up infringing on the copyright of one written years earlier.

BobbyTimmons

I have gotten some interesting statistic on this subject (my earlier post). Popular reviewers like the Audiophiliac are in the 200K to 250K league. Darko about the same. More interesting is a video blogger named Rick Beato, a must site for musicians, 7 figures income according to "artist and celeb net worth"! Sometimes he gets into audiophile territory. He ran a controlled test on video: A young lady who is a classic trained musician in her 20s with perfect pitch and practicaly no hearing loss up to 19000hz. She could only pick out which tracks were Mp3 300 as apposed to 24bit 192 60% of the time.
With special training she might be able to get close to 100%. It's still a good demo of how the differences are hardly noticeable even for consumers with the world's most musically advanced hearing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom