• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 24 4.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 145 27.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 343 66.1%

• Total voters

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Werther really you should try and disavow yourself from the nonsense the technically illiterate continually peddle, or post on one of the brain dead ‘subjective’ sites they love this type of comment.
Keith

Werther44210

Werther really you should try and disavow yourself from the nonsense the technically illiterate continually peddle, or post on one of the brain dead ‘subjective’ sites they love this type of comment.
Keith
Keith, it was to make you react, I don't attach too much importance to these questions, more generally, the Eversolo with its internal DAC has extreme versatility, you can play all the music from classical to more genres muscular through Jazz, adapts to everything with a restitution that I consider natural.

pma560

Comparison by a buffoon, why do people watch this nonsense.
Look at the measurements.
Keith

So Beekhuyzen's measurements seem to show no audible difference.

Yet in the "sound quality" section he hears a difference (?!).

I'm curious to know how his graphs compare to Amir's.

So Beekhuyzen's measurements seem to show no audible difference.

Yet in the "sound quality" section he hears a difference (?!).

I'm curious to know how his graphs compare to Amir's.
In beekhuyen’s measurements were minor differences visible which could result in audible difference, he shows.

why wouldn’t these visible differences in measurements be audible?
i think our hearing can be very precize in some ways, we can pick up really minor changes in sound.

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
In beekhuyen’s measurements were minor differences visible which could result in audible difference, he shows.

why wouldn’t these visible differences in measurements be audible?
i think our hearing can be very precize in some ways, we can pick up really minor changes in sound.
Sure, especially few dB differences in -120 dBrA areas.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I can’t think of one ‘subjective’ reviewer/ influencer who cannot hear ‘differences’ unfortunately they never make the effort to conduct a level matched /unsighted comparison to actually confirm.
They always find differences because stating that there is no audible difference would not increase clicks and their revenue stream.
The whole thing is one huge scam.
Keith

Snoopy

Major Contributor
Supposed to have brought, according to some (I had asked when buying the DMP), a better outline of the voices and instruments, since the gap is very small, not easy to distinguish, this noise reduction may have brought some same way by analog cables which have better insulation allowing a marginally greater noise reduction I think. I have this in cables, scientifically, I don't know if it can be demonstrated....

I'm not sure if you are serious or just trolling but it really gets rather annoying to keep reading this stuff every few pages all over again.

If anything comments like this would make me rather stay away from a DAC.. because if it's only transparent with this or that kind of equipment and better suited to certain genres of music there would be something wrong with it to begin with.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Thirty years of subjective reviews never stopped believing
ASR has really hurt stopped me dreaming…

Keith

dscottj

Is it possible to implement some kind of standby / network trigger mode so the unit doesn't have to be turned off, it will simply go into standby with most functions shut off, but will turn on fully when a stream triggers it?
Mine is configured to show a screen saver after 2 hours. I've never timed it but it seems like about an hour after that it shuts the screen off entirely. Pretty sure that's stand-by. The screen turns a second or two after I start streaming to it via the native app.

Werther44210

I'm not sure if you are serious or just trolling but it really gets rather annoying to keep reading this stuff every few pages all over again.

If anything comments like this would make me rather stay away from a DAC.. because if it's only transparent with this or that kind of equipment and better suited to certain genres of music there would be something wrong with it to begin with.
I think we misunderstood each other, not me, I heard some say that, as for transparency, it will be the same with any equipment, I share. What I think, to listen to the Eversolo quite a bit for some time on classical or opera which are rather particular musical genres, I like its natural and precise restitution with a precise placement of the instruments, he is also at ease on different genres there is rhythm and liveliness. As for the story of the cables or the routing better if gain of SINAD, things that I often hear to sell me expensive products here in France.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Werther you must realise by now that almost everything you read and listen to ( apart from here of course) is a lie.
Keith

Werther44210

Werther you must realise by now that almost everything you read and listen to ( apart from here of course) is a lie.
Keith
Keith, positive point of this site is to learn things and also through him that I decided to buy the DMP and it is a beautiful discovery which supplements my installation well.

Ranton

The screen turns a second or two after I start streaming to it via the native app.
I'd be interested in knowing how you get that to happen, since this is one of the frequent complaints about the DMP-A6...the screen does NOT wake up when streaming starts! Are you initiating playback using Cast within the native control app? That would do it.

This is an issue for those of use who use Roon...the screensaver initiates regardless of whether anything is streaming or not, and it does not wake up when a stream is started.

HoweSound

I'm glad finally somebody is calling this out; I've been bottling up my annoyance for a while now.

martin900

Has anyone opened their A6 already? Is it possible to unplug the screen and the volume knob lighting without bricking the unit?

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm glad finally somebody is calling this out; I've been bottling up my annoyance for a while now.
I have had to force myself to avoid this thread but its like a train wreck, you have to look
The subjective stupidity is rampant

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Has anyone opened their A6 already? Is it possible to unplug the screen and the volume knob lighting without bricking the unit?
You can certainly adjust the level of the volume knob lighting, and buy a streamer without a screen.
Keith

jamesofla80

Does anyone know if the A6 supports PS5 or XBOX via USB-C input? Trying to figure out a way to route audio to it from my gaming console.

Top Bottom