• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Erratic & slow forum SW performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Q

QMuse

Major Contributor
Noted you run Chrome v85, check this change in CORS policy as of v85.

https://www.chromium.org/Home/chromium-security/extension-content-script-fetches

I'm running the latest Chrome version - Version 85.0.4183.121 (Official Build) (64-bit.
Yes, I have read this document and it seems to describe the root of the problem.

It seems problem requires some changes on forum software side, I dont' see there's anything that can be done on client side. Hopefully @amirm can fix that in contact with developers.

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't suppose you're running IIS by any chance?

hege

Forum Donor
I'm running the latest Chrome version - Version 85.0.4183.121 (Official Build) (64-bit.
Yes, I have read this document and it seems to describe the root of the problem.

It seems problem requires some changes on forum software side, I dont' see there's anything that can be done on client side. Hopefully @amirm can fix that in contact with developers.

Conveniently forgetting that no other users have the same problem. I even tested the same Chrome version. How does that even compute if you have same problem with Edge?

I admin a Xenforo board too, there's nothing to fix here. Any things that might have needed changing would have been done many versions ago.

Something is clearly messing with your headers or content. Why does your debug show "http /forum/index.php" with lots of space? Things like that don't come from the board.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Have you tried firefox?

(posted from the same version of chrome you detail above, with no issues)

OP
Q

QMuse

Major Contributor
I don't suppose you're running IIS by any chance?

I am not.

Conveniently forgetting that no other users have the same problem. I even tested the same Chrome version. How does that even compute if you have same problem with Edge?

I did forget that, not conveniently but simply. :)

I admin a Xenforo board too, there's nothing to fix here. Any things that might have needed changing would have been done many versions ago.

That seems logical, athough it doesn't explain why it is happening to me.

Something is clearly messing with your headers or content. Why does your debug show "http /forum/index.php" with lots of space? Things like that don't come from the board.

I don't know. Sometimes when trying to load a forum page I simply get "http://forum/index.php" in the address bar and a blank page.

EDIT: I got this when I pressed "Post reply" for the first time. 2nd attempt went through.

Capture.JPG

Have you tried firefox?

(posted from the same version of chrome you detail above, with no issues)

No

hege

Forum Donor
I don't know. Sometimes when trying to load a forum page I simply get "http://forum/index.php" in the address bar and a blank page.

I'm sure all IT-guys can relate to this kind of wacky problems..

You simply have to first eliminate your PC or network connection as the culprit. Try with another computer/phone in your network. Try with another computer/phonein other network. Etc.

OP
Q

QMuse

Major Contributor
I'm sure all IT-guys can relate to this kind of wacky problems..

You simply have to first eliminate your PC or network connection as the culprit. Try with another computer/phone in your network. Try with another computer/phonein other network. Etc.

I did try with Chrome running on my Android phone connected to mobile network - same thing.

Here's how it looks in Edge when I first pressed "Post reply":

Capture.JPG

hege

Forum Donor
I did try with Chrome running on my Android phone connected to mobile network - same thing.

Are you using sync with all your Chromes? Dunno how that would even affect it.. and Edge... it's just one of those things. How about trying the Firefox.

hege

Forum Donor
I'd probably dig in with developer tools, you can set some XHR breakpoints to debug what's happening around the code and maybe try to figure out where the garbled url originates.. some dev knowledge required of course..

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Did you say this only happens when logged in? Have you tried creating a new user?

OP
Q

QMuse

Major Contributor
I'd probably dig in with developer tools, you can set some XHR breakpoints to debug what's happening around the code and maybe try to figure out where the garbled url originates.. some dev knowledge required of course..

I haven't done something like this for 10 years. But to what end would that be as if it happens with Firefox as well isn't it a server-side issue?

hege

Forum Donor
I haven't done something like this for 10 years. But to what end would that be as if it happens with Firefox as well isn't it a server-side issue?

I guess it would help narrowing stuff down. Creating a new user seems good suggestion to try narrowing down any corruption related to your user.. maybe try private browsing in addition to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom