• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Erratic & slow forum SW performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Q

QMuse

Major Contributor
I guess it would help narrowing stuff down. Creating a new user seems good suggestion to try narrowing down any corruption related to your user.. maybe try private browsing in addition to be sure.

It behaves the same in Chrome incognito window.

No..., Not strictly accurate lol

LOL

This strange behavior started few months ago. In that time I haven't created a new user. ;)

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I use Chrome, Firefox, and Brave on phone, laptop using both Windows and Linux, Linux desktop and Macbook pro. No problems here or a couple other places I've used them.

Ever try using a VPN?

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A problem affecting a single user is not a server side issue. You need to find out what is wrong in your configuration.

I have tried accessing the site, including hitting the reply button, on my home PC using Chrome, Edge and Firefox, from my IOS device using Safari, and from my work PC through a corporate firewall and proxy server also using Chrome, IE and Firefox. Works perfectly everywhere.

Are you sure you do not have some sort of malware that is inserting odd redirects?

Martin

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I am sorry you are having problems. Smells like networking/firewall issue. Any chance of trying with the same hardware but using different network? Does it for example happen on your phone while using 4G rather than Wifi?

OP
Q

QMuse

Major Contributor
I am sorry you are having problems. Smells like networking/firewall issue. Any chance of trying with the same hardware but using different network? Does it for example happen on your phone while using 4G rather than Wifi?

Thank you for taking your time trying to help with this issue. I tried using the same HW with different network and also using different HW with different network, so now I'm speculating my user data on the server somehow got corrupted. For that reason I tried to create a new user to test this. So far it works fine but I can't test it to full extent as it is waiting for post approval. User is "Olly" so maybe if you can approve post rights for it so I can test if that one would work well.. :)

P.S. Everything works fine when I'm not logged in so I don't think it is a FW/networking issue as logging in wouldn't make much difference to the systems dealing with lower OSI layers.

Last edited:
OP
Q

QMuse

Major Contributor
I use Chrome, Firefox, and Brave on phone, laptop using both Windows and Linux, Linux desktop and Macbook pro. No problems here or a couple other places I've used them.

Ever try using a VPN?

A problem affecting a single user is not a server side issue. You need to find out what is wrong in your configuration.

I have tried accessing the site, including hitting the reply button, on my home PC using Chrome, Edge and Firefox, from my IOS device using Safari, and from my work PC through a corporate firewall and proxy server also using Chrome, IE and Firefox. Works perfectly everywhere.

Are you sure you do not have some sort of malware that is inserting odd redirects?

Martin

No, I don't use VPN to access Internet, and I'm also reasonably sure that my PC doesn't have any malware. As I said in my reply to @amirm, I'm quite sure my user data got corrupted on server as it works fine when I'm not logged in so lower OSI layers are excluded from this case.

I think the only way to confirm this theory is to try with another user so I'm waiting for this new user I created to be granted post credentials from the admin to test this.

D

Deleted member 65

No, I don't use VPN to access Internet, and I'm also reasonably sure that my PC doesn't have any malware. As I said in my reply to @amirm, I'm quite sure my user data got corrupted on server as it works fine when I'm not logged in so lower OSI layers are excluded from this case.

I think the only way to confirm this theory is to try with another user so I'm waiting for this new user I created to be granted post credentials from the admin to test this.

Reinstall your PC.

OP
Q

QMuse

Major Contributor
Reinstall your PC.

As I already stated - I tried logging from another PC connected to another network and it showed the same problem, so I take it you're joking. How about you reinstall your PC, maybe that would help? :D

D

Deleted member 65

As I already stated - I tried logging from another PC connected to another network and it showed the same problem, so I take it you're joking. How about you reinstall your PC, maybe that would help? :D

When you say ”another network” I assume network path is different from start to end, i.e PC/access point/switch/router/ISP is ”another network”. If so, then your problem is indeed beyond the ISP.

OP
Q

QMuse

Major Contributor
When you say ”another network” I assume network path is different from start to end, i.e PC/access point/switch/router/ISP is ”another network”.

That is correct.

If so, then your problem is indeed beyond the ISP.

Not only that, but as I tried with another PC connected to another network it is also beyond my original PC.

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Zero problems on my 15-year-old POS Dell 32-bit laptop (aka the "Craptop") running Firefox under Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS.

D

Deleted member 65

That is correct.

Not only that, but as I tried with another PC connected to another network it is also beyond my original PC.

Right, can you outline your different networks in as much detail as you can. Any recent change in router firmware?
Just out of curiosity, which different ISP’s you’re using? Any of them are 4/5G networks? If so logging in from an iPad/iPhone/Android device yields the same result?

OP
Q

QMuse

Major Contributor
Right, can you outline your different networks in as much detail as you can. Any recent change in router firmware?
Just out of curiosity, which different ISP’s you’re using? Any of them are 4/5G networks? If so logging in from an iPad/iPhone/Android device yields the same result?

Scenario 1: PC1 --> over Wifi to router --> Eth to optic converter --> ISP1

Scenario 2: PC2 --> over Wifi to Android phone acting as a router --> 4G mobile data network --> ISP2

Lars, I was working as an IP Network Manager with Telco/ISP provider so trust me when I say this is not about network. I was also IT Manager with a few large companies so I'm pretty sure it's not about my original PC as well. ;)

D

Deleted member 65

Scenario 1: PC1 --> over Wifi to router --> Eth to optic converter --> ISP1

Scenario 2: PC2 --> over Wifi to Android phone acting as a router --> 4G mobile data network --> ISP2

Lars, I was working as an IP Network Manager with Telco/ISP provider so trust me when I say this is not about network. I was also IT Manager with a few large companies so I'm pretty sure it's not about my original PC as well. ;)

Good, seems you’ve done your homework ... ;-)
Won’t go into my boring IT credentials ...

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
OP
Q

QMuse

Major Contributor
I think I know what's happened, @QMuse has quoted Floyd Toole's book so many times he's accidentally published the whole thing online and the ASR server copyright filter has identified this and is punishing him .

LOL

I would normally object vigorously to such false accusations, but..

Capture.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom