• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Erratic & slow forum SW performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

QMuse

Major Contributor
In last few months I've been experiencing erratic and slow response from forum SW, on both Chrome and Edge. My platform is Win 10, fully updated to last version.

Erratic and slow response is happening only when I'm logged in and here's how it looks practically every time when I'm trying to make a post:

Capture_Err.JPG

Response is also very slow when I'm reading the posts and very often I get only blank page. It takes several reload tries to get the page right. Any advice is appreciated, but I have a feeling this is not a problem on my side as my Windows 10, Chrome and Edge are otherwise behaving perfectly normal.

Last edited:

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've not seen that.

Have you power cycled every bit of kit in the chain you control from ISP to PC?

OP
Q

QMuse

Major Contributor
I've not seen that.

Have you power cycled every bit of kit in the chain you control from ISP to PC?

M8, as I said, everything else works fine, and that certainly won't help with CORS related issue.

Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) is a mechanism that browsers use to restrict HTTP and HTTPS requests made from scripts to resources in a different origin for security reasons, mainly to protect your user's data and prevent attacks that would compromise your app.

hege

Forum Donor
Zeerroo problems ever, and I check in here constantly with PC and Android. Pretty sure it's you (or Chrome..).

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
M8, as I said, everything else works fine, and that certainly won't help with CORS related issue.
I've seen several network issues that make absolutely no sense, and the tests all show it working correctly, fixed by power cycling bits of kit you previously though worked flawlessly. In my case I once had a 4 port unmanaged switch, with 10 years perfect record be the culprit, and it had been moved only a few weeks before giving it a power cycle.

Last edited:
OP
Q

QMuse

Major Contributor
Zeerroo problems ever, and I check in here constantly with PC and Android. Pretty sure it's you (or Chrome..).

No need for guessing, it says clearly in the first post that CORS policy is the problem. As I said, same thing when using Edge browser..

Capture.JPG

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Also, does it do the same on a phone or the tablet?

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Same thing with Chrome on Android. And that provides ground for various conspiracy theories..

Probably just Karma...
;)

hege

Forum Donor
No need for guessing, it says clearly in the first post that CORS policy is the problem. As I said, same thing when using Edge browser..

Nope, not seeing this on Linux Chrome 85, even tried logging in and posting to test forum.

OP
Q

QMuse

Major Contributor
Nope, not seeing this on Linux Chrome 85, even tried logging in and posting to test forum.

I never claimed it happens with other users, only mine.

D

Deleted member 65

View attachment 85836

Few years back my dpt was subject to an IBM Corporate Audit. One of the remarks we got was not having implemented the CORS policy on one of the many firewalls we had. Can’t remember if we had to upgrade FW or a policy change.

Do you have a local firewall that needs investigating?

hege

Forum Donor
I never claimed it happens with other users, only mine.

Well it doesn't seem like you were completely sure.

Obviously you need to first try other browsers PCs and other networks to connect from. Maybe you have some stupid router etc.

OP
Q

QMuse

Major Contributor
Few years back my dpt was subject to an IBM Corporate Audit. One of the remarks we got was not having implemented the CORS policy on one of the many firewalls we had. Can’t remember if we had to upgrade FW or a policy change.

Do you have a local firewall that needs investigating?

Only standard Windows FW which couldn't care less about CORS.

Cache cleared?

That was the first thing I tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom