• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Electronica/dance/techno/et cetera.

JohnnyAudio

I LOVE INDUSTRIAL !!! GERMAN OR ANY OTHER !!!

Ministry - Jesus Built my Hotrod

Front 242 - Headhunter

The Klinik - Moving Hands

Insekt - Stress

Informatik - Entropy

Combichrist - Brain Bypass

The Residents - Loser = Weed (not pure industrial but weird for sure)

You're crazy.
Thank You.

eddantes

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Not sure if we paid homage to the early days in this thread... but... all this lovely electronic music owes its popularity to some groundbreakers. I wont go into Kraftwerk, Moroder and the early 70s, but will just touch on my own roots of the synth addiction

(...funny enough, at this time I had access to two albums, this and Led Zep IV, I don't listen to Zepplin much :)

Chr1

Forum Donor
+ Kraftwerk
+ Cabaret Voltaire
+ 23 Skidoo

007Shortz

Text:"We hear singing in the room. We chase the monotony. We turn hours into a year and moonlight into our hair. We fly as far as never before."

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Another noisy beat driven synthy distortion fest, very musical and euphoric though :)

lemmy_collins

Not sure if we paid homage to the early days in this thread... but... all this lovely electronic music owes its popularity to some groundbreakers. I wont go into Kraftwerk, Moroder and the early 70s, but will just touch on my own roots of the synth addiction

(...funny enough, at this time I had access to two albums, this and Led Zep IV, I don't listen to Zepplin much :)

Should check but 90% sure Dona Summer electronic sound is due to Gorgio Moroder...

Visage - Fade to Grey : i really love this song !

Somafunk

Major Contributor
One more track then I’ll quit posting, it kinda feels like years ago when we hogged the jukebox in the pub. ;)

Joep Beving - Hanging D, remixed by Polynation. If you like Kiasmos, Nihls Frahm, Loscil, Olafur Arnold’s etc…etc then you’ll like this.

Album/playlist of Hanging D remixes below

eddantes

Should check but 90% sure Dona Summer electronic sound is due to Gorgio Moroder...

Visage - Fade to Grey : i really love this song !
It is indeed... But... Let's have Donna have the spotlight

007Shortz

Some will find this song boring, but it puts me in a good mood. Otherwise, you can also adjust your subwoofer with it.

Tell

This seems like a VERY unfocused thread. "Electronica/dance/techno/et cetera" can be almost anything, which OPs example really shows. I love that Prodigy track, and I've heard some stuff from DJ Shadow as well but I wouldn't place them anything near the same category. And the rest of OPs tips is nothing alike those two and is nothing that I'd personally ever listen to.

But sure, I'll play! Going from a slightly normal to a bit glitchy and dark, psychedelic and intense with the last ones.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
I know there’s a few Daniel Avery fans on here

Somafunk

Major Contributor
This is the tune to play at a party that is dying on its feet in the early morning, everyone left standing all doing the slow shuffle routine and looking like death

A repetitive rhythmic kick to start with a distorted synth line underneath leading to percussion all the while slowly building out with sound till you think it’s going somewhere then it gradually thins out then back into a big foot stomping beat with percussion that’ll raise their hands annnnnnnnnnnd back into the beat till the end.

It’s criminal this has only 922 views in 5 years, it popped up in one of my roon mixes - glad it did as I like all his stuff.

napfkuchen

Here is the original:

Top Bottom