• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Electronica/dance/techno/et cetera.

Or this one, a bit bouncy, but still dirty...

Neat fact, Nucleuz Blue pressing of this record has a really neat swirl pattern visible on the face
- I assume something to do with how the BPM matches RPM and how light reflects in the subsequently aligned beats:

WWTFTDJ.png

Last edited:

stalepie2

Major Contributor
I remember the second track "Something for the dance floor" on a CD a friend made for me years ago

Then part of this track played next (can't find exact version):

Not sure I like movie samples in music like this. Is it not done anymore due to copyright police? Seems like sampling used to be such a common thing.
Pretty sure that underground tunes still don't follow copyright laws - I have no idea if/what royalties might have been paid for any of these...
I do expect that most of these had runs under 50,000 copies, likely under 25, often under 10, and I know I own records from runs of under 5000.
Further, I have no idea if anything has changed since streaming and digital downloading became standard - I would assume that more attention be paid to choons that were previously uncommonly known.

Maybe I chillax it a bit... how 'bout these two?
Classic trance tunes from 2000...

Edit: This reddit thread suggests that 14 years after release, it was difficult to identify the track from the movie sample. If the track is so unknown, is it possible that the copyright police were unaware of it's existence?

Last edited:

stalepie2

Major Contributor
Pretty sure that underground tunes still don't follow copyright laws - I have no idea if/what royalties might have been paid for any of these...
I do expect that most of these had runs under 50,000 copies, likely under 25, often under 10, and I know I own records from runs of under 5000.
Further, I have no idea if anything has changed since streaming and digital downloading became standard - I would assume that more attention be paid to choons that were previously uncommonly known.

Maybe I chillax it a bit... how 'bout these two?
Classic trance tunes from 2000...

Edit: This reddit thread suggests that 14 years after release, it was difficult to identify the track from the movie sample. If the track is so unknown, is it possible that the copyright police were unaware of it's existence?
Mm, they did not do much for me. The first track is sampling Vangelis - Reve:

This old track (I could not find a version on youtube so I uploaded my own) has a cheesy quote from Batman & Robin at the beginning :)

Yeah, I think most of the time these tracks would not suffer the ire of movie studios and larger music companies, as far as I know. But still I remember rap and techno having more in the way of samples than they do now... of course computer algorithms automatically tag things when people upload, so I guess that solves it, though i remember it dropping off before that had become so enforced.

stalepie2

Major Contributor
Mm, they did not do much for me. The first track is sampling Vangelis - Reve:

This old track (I could not find a version on youtube so I uploaded my own) has a cheesy quote from Batman & Robin at the beginning :)

Yeah, I think most of the time these tracks would not suffer the ire of movie studios and larger music companies, as far as I know. But still I remember rap and techno having more in the way of samples than they do now... of course computer algorithms automatically tag things when people upload, so I guess that solves it, though i remember it dropping off before that had become so enforced.
YouTube informs me that this track contains audio from this track:

stalepie2

Major Contributor
Fun track? I couldn't find it on Youtube either

Ah, and the copyright robopolice helped me to find the proper upload of this too:

Not sure where "para" came from; I guess my friend's mistake when making that CD-R for me years ago :)
I like where he started the edit better though, on the clang.

Yeah, I noticed the same thing - though I had assumed it was linked more to my departure frm the underground scene - my lack of exposure rather than a drop in occurrence.

DJ #9 - Engine Engine, the name alone reminds me of this '90s club hit that samples (almost literally) everything.
Stimulant DJs - Hoover Time on Tidy... another record I feel like I have, can't be bothered to check, but have definitely heard / know / recognize.

Top Bottom