• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Electronica/dance/techno/et cetera.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
DHS - The House of God (50 Dollar)

I was playing at a rave we organised back in 92 in very out of the way part of Galloway forest (SW Scotland) and a guy who I‘d had a vague memory of talking to at a previous event passed me a copy of that to play with a finger wag, I had a quick listen and picked the third mix and cued it in to the tail end of “Moby - Go” (one of my favs at the time). The kick on “House of God” matches beat perfect with “Go” so I cut the highs and mid on “HoG” and brought it in on the kick then gradually opened it up till it seemed like the entire forest and 500+ folk were bouncing…….what a classic track, one of my favs that never failed to work magic.

To this day whenever I hear that track I’m instantly taken back to that experience, perhaps it was the shrooms playing a part in imprinting a memory that I will never forget and for that I’m very grateful :)

Here’s a track by “The Black Dog - Anti Vaxx” which is very apt for our current times.

Last edited:

zheka

To this day whenever I hear that track I’m instantly taken back to that experience, perhaps it was the shrooms playing a part in imprinting a memory that I will never forget
I can totally relate.lol. it is a full body memory for me too

Rzezniq

Autechre at their best. You can play this track at any loudness level and it still sounds great!

Katji

Major Contributor
Animalia
Animix Thirty Six: Sunju Hargun

1624024682345.png

[ Downloads Enabled : WAV 1Gb ] :)

https://soundcloud.com/animalia-label%2Fsunju-animaliamix
For the newest Animix, Thailand based DJ & producer @sunjuhargun has put together a beautiful downtempo trance exploration. Sunju co-curates @siamesetwinsrecords , an amazing label which focuses on trance-y, psychedelic sounds from Asian based artists.
Sunju has a multitude of impressive releases under his name, as well as aliases Mogambo and Khun Fluff, and a plethora of beautiful mixes - which always seem to find the perfect balance between emotional and driving. Sunju has been a household name across the region for over a decade, playing spaced out music in forests, warehouses, and castles.
I'm so happy to have Sunju as part of the Animix series - please enjoy! <3
Lots of love
Downloads Enabled

Top Bottom