• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Electronica/dance/techno/et cetera.

^^ :) Interesting. I found a Wiki. Melbourne-->hippie--flute-----> return in edm.
Information about him can be tough to find, but he's an incredibly cool cat IMO. Pioneer of the electronic music scene back in the '70s and has been touring/headlining EDM shows since the mid '90s as one of the most widely known names in psy-trance...

Katji

Major Contributor
^^^ :) Weird world. So many music videos, and Soundcloud cover-art, are pics of record labels. - Actual labels.

Katji

Major Contributor
I suppose I should look for some internet radio stations I like, ...sometimes Soundcloud is too much work.
Anyway, Clyde Built Radio Lunchtime Specials is interesting...seems to be all throwbacks - not so much pop, more on the soul and R&B side, somewhat eclectic/obscure.

avatars-000722307961-lzqln0-t120x120.jpg

Lunchtime Special: Loosen Up! - Monday (21/6/21)

https://soundcloud.com/clydebuiltradio%2Flunchtime-special-loosen-up-monday-21621

*cracks the record cases*

what other gems do we have...

Does Pedulum still count as EDM, they're a live act these days:

... no longer same vintage, but this could be fun.
... like if y'all want the randomness to continue
... I haven't listened to many of these choons in a decade

Edit: and they all definitely sound better on one of my Technics 1210 MK2 with a Sure M44-7 than on YouTube.

stalepie2

Major Contributor
1/2 of me thinks I have this record somewhere
1/2 of me thinks I've never heard the track before

Great tune, should solve the mystery and see what it's running for on Discogs...
It felt familiar to me too, despite not really knowing this kind of music very well. A lot of music blends together for me.
I really don't know electronic music well. A lot of times I'm just clicking on YT recommendations based on algorithm, so some people probably have rolled their eyes at my mindless choices. ;)

stalepie2

Major Contributor
Did I post this one? I always liked this Gamestop ad with Nero - Doomsday playing. Just seems to go with the futuristic tanks landing

It felt familiar to me too, despite not really knowing this kind of music very well. A lot of music blends together for me.
I really don't know electronic music well. A lot of times I'm just clicking on YT recommendations based on algorithm, so some people probably have rolled their eyes at my mindless choices. ;)
Welp, I flipped through the trunk from oldschool trance to newer progressive, I don't have it.

And, only a couple eyerolls, plenty of awesome tracks though!

Top Bottom