• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Electronica/dance/techno/et cetera.

BillG

Major Contributor
Something for the Junglists... :cool:

https://shadowboxing.org/2011/05/13/moving-shadow-retrospective-mix/

tia3075450713400521622.png

Katji

Major Contributor
NOTE (after looking back from the beginning of this thread)...
Electronica is not interchangeable with Electronic, it is a [somewhat specific] subgenre of Electronic.
What we are mostly concerned with is electronic dance music, that is pretty much everything that is not contemporary classical, avantgarde, experimental. Electronica overlaps with it, somewhat like Electro does. Examples like William Orbit + Madonna--Ray Of Light.

the_hamster 2

The “chillout lounge/Ibiza” sound gets a lotta play in our house...some really inventive and aurally pleasing stuff to stream out there.

fieldcar

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I don't know if this was posted, but I saw a few Thievery Corporation posts, and figured that this is definitely worth listening to. It's basically an orchestrated album made to commemorate a successful live show.

fieldcar

Aaaand, whilst I'm on a roll; how about some demoscene disco from Farbrausch 'fr-025'. I'll go and hide in a corner now. But you did say '...dance' in the forum thread :p
Oh man. I remember this along with that community that tried to make 3d demos as small as possible. I wish the song was on spotify or tidal. Thanks!

Katji

Major Contributor
^^^There was a video posted a couple weeks ago, actual robots dancing, a demonstration somewhere. Including a dog. Very good, quite amazing. I'll try to find the link...

eddantes

Haven't seen Sofi Tukker here yet, but worth a listen... If you don't know, you'll recognize these

But they have lots of good stuff

and their remixes are the shit

Reactions: 001
Top Bottom