• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Electronica/dance/techno/et cetera.

escape2

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Speaking of older tracks, here's an ambient remake of "In the air tonight," that originally came out 40 years ago.

And another remake from the same artist - "Running up that hill"

State Azure also did a bunch of pretty cool Tangerine Dream covers, including "Love on a real train"

Katji

Major Contributor
Awesome/impressive.
The beginning/intro reminds me of Górecki.

( promo/sampler for new Lobster Theremin release LSS004 )

nthng - Unfinished

https://soundcloud.com/lobster-theremin%2Flss004-nthng-unfinished
Lobster Theremin ambient sub-label Lobster Sleep Sequence announce their double LP + 7” album from Dutch producer nthng - featuring a limited run of copies on deep green vinyl.

Themed around events in the artist's life, Unfinished is a deeply personal journey, yet there’s something very relatable to the world he has conjured. Lockdown has forced us to look inward, explore realities within ourselves and the fragility of our forgotten world. The album is a series of peaks and troughs - hopeful words, ominous tones and other-worldly soundscapes, giving way to a journey in no way linear - but a true reflection of our times.

The title track sets the scene perfectly, while Son features deep bass notes, dreamy keys and spoken word - creating a visceral and unsettling scene. Subnautica resides in the fringes of ambient and techno - as tribalistic drums are suspended in our new rendered reality.
The marching bass and howling synths of Wrath of the Demon lull conspicuously in a vacuum, while the hauntingly beautiful vocals featured on Disappeared But Not Forgotten evoke a poignant, powerful reaction across the record’s B-side - “Everything stopped, you just disappeared...”

At its most tranquil Our Time offers a sense of rest - a space to appreciate, as we leave the window open, peer outside and feel the gentle breeze brush across our face. Saafe continues this theme, and feels like a warm embrace - “She saved my life in a matter of speaking, when she gave me back the power to believe.”

Ending Theme is beautifully organic as you hear the sound of the piano pedal touch the floor, tones are introspective and vulnerable - while the looming presence of uncertainty subtly takes form in thinly layered pads.

The album also sees the release of a digi only bonus track Only a Flash of Light and invites you outside while the stars are at their brightest.

>> @nthngnthng

Released by: Lobster Sleep Sequence
Release date: 2 April 2021

Katji

Major Contributor
Melbourne Deepcast
MDC 2020 Review

Landing back on terra firma after the 2020 whirlwind, our annual review winds its way back through a whole range of chillout moods and energised atmospherics that flowed through the home stereo over the year, with a big focus on some of great new Aussie electronica that kept us feeling zen throughout some rather interesting times.
Hope you’ve all been enjoying the vibes from us, plenty more of those to come.
Big love, MDC.

Mixed by @myles-mac

Tracklist:
Fantastic Man - Superhighway // Mule Musiq

Florian T M Zeisig - Only Textures // enmossed

Ameeva - Ascension (Ft Sara Otal Gauvreau) // Lowless Music

URA - Neo Piano (Unextended Version) // NAFF

Tecno Shoppe - Ryu & Syusaku // .jpeg Artefacts

Pontiac Streator - Lamp Fest // Motion Ward

Noi - Which Truth // Best Effort

Nadia Khan - Port Ana // Scissor and Thread

Cousin - TUB4 // OTIS

Rings Around Saturn - Cloud Action // Repeat Concrete

Norachi - Nurture // Vessel

Shinichi Atobe - Yes // DDS

El-B - Dusk Till Dawn // GD4YA

Sam Brickel & Dashiell - Hey Avalon // Mindmap

Telephones - Groundshaker, Lightbreaker (Pulse Mix) // Needs
Fantastic Man - Diaspora // Mule Musiq

Alex Kassian - Oolong Trance (Club Mix) // Love On The Rocks

RDS - Subsequently // Mindmap

Sleep D - Nature // Butter Sessions

DJ Sports - Magic Laugh // Esoteric Exports

Tornado Wallace - Jungle Dream // Optimo Music

Ntel - Melt // GARMO

Biodive - Plane of the Ecliptic // Coymix Ltd

747 - Aurora Centralis (Tin Man's Spaced Remix) // Aquaregia

LT - Wet Look // Rhythm Section International

Killer DJs - 2.1 // DustWORLD

Maara - Tranquil Lust Mommy // NAFF

Opal Sunn - Laika // Touch From A Distance

Priori - SCN 4 // DustWORLD

Darcy Baylis - Symphony in a Marble Structure // .jpeg Artefacts

Wilfy D - All About U // Vitamin D Records

Dust-e-1 - Enthusion // DustWORLD

Andrea - Lana // Ilian Tape

Skee Mask - Dolby // Ilian Tape

Lord Of The Isles - Waiting In Arisaig // Whities

https://soundcloud.com/melbourne-deepcast%2Fmdc-2020-review

Katji

Major Contributor
Ezel ft. Mike City - All This Time

1. All This Time (Original Mix) 07:12
2. All This Time (Instrumental) 07:12
3. All This Time (Bayacou Dub) 07:15
4. All This Time (Bayacou Dubstrumental) 07:15

Produced by Ezel with vocals from Multi-Platinum Producer/Vocalist Mike City, All This Time brings the soulful goodness.

Easily recognized in some of our favorites hits by Brandy, Angie Stone, Amerie and many others, award winning producer Mike City has been creating hits for some of music’s greatest vocalists for the last two decades. 

Mike teams up with Ezel and switches hats to vocalist, painting us a picture that reflects on a man’s internal quest to find the right one.

On the production side, Ezel conjures an eclectic blend of afro elements with dashes of Tech Soul aesthetics that play into the melodramatic. The Bayacou Dub, an uplifting atmospheric affair, takes things into deeper realms.

1613603046751.png

https://soundcloud.com/bayacou%2Fsets%2Fezel-ft-mike-city-all-this

Last edited:
Reactions: 001

Forum Donor
A lot more downtempo (for a good cause) is 'Chillhop essentials Fall 2020'. I stand to be corrected but this Dutch outfit collaborates compiles a bunch of artists, then a chunk of the money is donated to childrens hospitals. Let me know if i'm wrong. In the meantime, slap this on your ears; I'm so calm right now...

Forum Donor
Aaaand, whilst I'm on a roll; how about some demoscene disco from Farbrausch 'fr-025'. I'll go and hide in a corner now. But you did say '...dance' in the forum thread :p

stalepie2

Major Contributor
Hey! thanks for that. Which reminded me straightaway of this classic demoscene from STS-02 'Kool-Aid' by Synesthetics. Watch and listen at high volume!!!
Wow, very cool! Thanks for sharing! I do hear some similarity. A much higher produced quality (not lo-fi & mean sounding like Voodoopop).

Forum Donor
Man alive, that looks verrry addictive.
Here's something very calm and strictly coded, called 'blunderbuss', once again from the 'demoscene', by an outfit called 'Fairlight' from 2009. I call it 'unfrenetic' techno.
Everybody, take a deep breath and chill

Top Bottom