• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dutch & Dutch 8Cs

andrew

Wish the 8c can come with a smaller size option in the future.
They are huge.
Yes, large in comparison with most stand-mounts but, in my setting, the white facial coupled with the right (DIY) stands mean that they appear a lot smaller than one expects and fit right into the room without calling attention

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
White baffle and ‘limed’ oak,

Keith

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Might be, those are just a prototype, but D&D are considering adding that option to the range.
I like it.
Keith

andrew

White baffle and ‘limed’ oak,

Keith
I like them. My set-up has the white baffle with oak sides which, acknowledging that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, work really well in our open room with white walls. These are the only speakers that my wife has ever found it easy to live in part because despite being large stand-mounts they blend into the the background as a result of colour scheme.

SSK84

I like them too. But Black and Oak is my favorite :)
Generally speaking from a design point of view D&D nailed it imho.

andrew

Anyone heard about the status of Roon enabled firmware? Or the connector "box" that will allow connection of multiple digital / analogue inputs?

Music1969

Major Contributor

SSK84

Anyone heard about the status of Roon enabled firmware? Or the connector "box" that will allow connection of multiple digital / analogue inputs?

I also red something about that box. For me it is not very important but what will be interesting is the implementation: Either over AES/EBU or Network (what would be expected given the ambition of the D&D guys). Roon and a nice native app will satisfy me though.

I also red something about that box. For me it is not very important but what will be interesting is the implementation: Either over AES/EBU or Network (what would be expected given the ambition of the D&D guys). Roon and a nice native app will satisfy me though.

My best guess is they’ll go for some sort of audio over Ethernet integration.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Thanks for the quick reply! Can’t wait for it
Did you use the Roon Beta for it?
Can you share maybe something little to us?
Yes.
No.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
August issue is published in June?
Keith

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Phil Ward’s Sound on Sound review has just been published, I just need to sort out the publishing rights and I will post it, this is his summary,
‘Reviewing monitors as capable as the 8C is
a joy. Leaving aside all their technical ability and engineering quality, at the end of the
day the result is fantastic monitoring and wonderful music. If you’re in the fortunate position of being able to afford the 8Cs, well, I’m envious.’

keith

SSK84

Phil Ward’s Sound on Sound review has just been published, I just need to sort out the publishing rights and I will post it, this is his summary,
‘Reviewing monitors as capable as the 8C is
a joy. Leaving aside all their technical ability and engineering quality, at the end of the
day the result is fantastic monitoring and wonderful music. If you’re in the fortunate position of being able to afford the 8Cs, well, I’m envious.’

keith
Any comment/comparison to KII Three?

Top Bottom