• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dutch & Dutch 8Cs

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Yes, Phil has moved studio/room since the Kii review, so direct comparisons would be difficult, his Kii review is available.
Keith

Music1969

Major Contributor
Phil Ward’s Sound on Sound review has just been published, I just need to sort out the publishing rights and I will post it, this is his summary,
‘Reviewing monitors as capable as the 8C is
a joy. Leaving aside all their technical ability and engineering quality, at the end of the
day the result is fantastic monitoring and wonderful music. If you’re in the fortunate position of being able to afford the 8Cs, well, I’m envious.’

keith

His own reference are his KEF LS50's from memory (nearfield)?

Does he make comments/comparisons (also nearfield) in his 8C review?

Or am I confusing him with a different reviewer.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
He has quite a few pairs I believe , including the KEFs.
Keith

OP
D

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It was bass reproduction and tonal balance in my case. The D&D folks also seem more willing to admit the existence of, and fix, bugs than the Kii folks are.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Often something as seemingly unimportant as aesthetics , before Purité I thought WAF was a joke, but it isn’t!
The mixing/mastering guys often have a preference for the type of music they predominantly work with, sometimes the simplicity of the Kii ‘control’ wins the day , sound quality of both is excellent and better than anything ‘conventional’.

Keith

SSK84

It was bass reproduction and tonal balance in my case. The D&D folks also seem more willing to admit the existence of, and fix, bugs than the Kii folks are.
Regarding bugs: Are there any issues with the KII from your point of view, which should be solved?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I struggle to recollect any bugs to be honest, perhaps there was something in the dim and distant, they really are plug and play.
Keith

SSK84

o_O
Phil Ward’s Sound on Sound review has just been published, I just need to sort out the publishing rights and I will post it, this is his summary,
‘Reviewing monitors as capable as the 8C is
a joy. Leaving aside all their technical ability and engineering quality, at the end of the
day the result is fantastic monitoring and wonderful music. If you’re in the fortunate position of being able to afford the 8Cs, well, I’m envious.’

keith
I just downloaded the review. Good to read, but nothing to be compared to Mitch‘s review :)

OP
D

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Regarding bugs: Are there any issues with the KII from your point of view, which should be solved?
Various minor but annoying things I heard from Kii users on forums--and which Kii seemed slow to fix.

Fwiw, I found one bug in the D&Ds, and it was rapidly fixed by the D&D team.

Last edited:

Music1969

Major Contributor
He has quite a few pairs I believe , including the KEFs.
Keith

He often mentions his passives are what he uses when not reviewing monitors...

Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 7.09.26 am.png

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Last edited:

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Sorry typo, that day there was a three way ‘shoot out’, PSI , Kii and 8Cs.
Keith

fredoamigo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
when the audiophiles' snake oils attack the 8Cs!!!! lately in an AUDIO SHOW in Thailand....catastrophic listening it seems?

bav18.jpg

Top Bottom