• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dutch & Dutch 8Cs

asiano

Does the 8C currently work with Roon?

I've read that a firmware upgrade is due to certify the 8C for Roon. However, does the 8C currently provide any Roon support? If not, I can't purchase the 8C now as my only source is streaming music stored on my server via Roon.

Music1969

Major Contributor
I want subwoofer integration...

Hmmm? How will this be possible? Which connections would allow this?

Edit: silly me. When in doubt, Google Images the rear connections panel

Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 9.22.58 pm.png

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
But the internal subwoofer software hasn’t been initialised yet, this next firmware release.
Keith

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Jon, honestly I don’t know, the version Kal has in not yet available to all, I am sure everything will happen! (in due course)
BW Keith

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Jon, honestly I don’t know, the version Kal has in not yet available to all, I am sure everything will happen! (in due course)
BW Keith
Do we know how they are doing roon now? Both speakers as independent but time synced end points, or to one speaker and using the thru connection to the other?

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
BW Keith
I have 1.3.14 and there is a "SUB" level control but that is all. Martyn has promised to post an updated manual but, so far, not.
Both speakers as independent but time synced end points, or to one speaker and using the thru connection to the other?
AFAIK, the former.

EDIT: I retract that conclusion. With the pair interconnected by XLR (as is necessary for AES3 sources) and with each directly connected to the network, disconnection of the inter-pair XLR link or either of the LAN cables interrupts playback.

Last edited:

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Is there now a way to roll off the LF in the mains?

mi-fu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
For the D&D users here, any idea when the firmware 1.3.14 will become official?

It seems that the auto firmware update function is still suspended. Any idea how to update the firmware at the moment?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
You can adjust the bass output with the tone controls, or the parametric EQ, adjusting the boundary settings also adjusts bass, but also delay.
Keith

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If @Martijn Mensink wants to increase his audiophile presence, I'd HIGHLY recommend he does some videos showing how to unbox and set the D&D 8c up properly. Many audiophiles are very nervous and not quite technical when it comes to this kind of stuff. The basic video instruction can go a very long way to help customers and sales. ;-)

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
AFAIK, the former.
I'd read something on the Roon forum they were having to change their design, because they could not get the time sync to work well enough, but I hope that's wrong, seems more elegant without a cable between them, plus it would prevent using the analogue input if I understand it correctly.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
I'd read something on the Roon forum they were having to change their design, because they could not get the time sync to work well enough, but I hope that's wrong, seems more elegant without a cable between them, plus it would prevent using the analogue input if I understand it correctly.
I have changed my post to retract my snap conclusion.

SSK84

I have them at home for demo since Friday and I will literally cry sending them back on Wednesday. I already put all my „old“ equipment in another room to sell them. I can’t listen to them anymore! It is like rehearing all my albums again in a new, different and much more improved way. It is highly addictive.

This product together with Roon is so disruptive from my point of view, that with the right marketing there is now way not to be successful with it. This is the future, now, in one package.

kaka89

Wish the 8c can come with a smaller size option in the future.
They are huge.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I have them at home for demo since Friday and I will literally cry sending them back on Wednesday. I already put all my „old“ equipment in another room to sell them. I can’t listen to them anymore! It is like rehearing all my albums again in a new, different and much more improved way. It is highly addictive.

This product together with Roon is so disruptive from my point of view, that with the right marketing there is now way not to be successful with it. This is the future, now, in one package.
I am so pleased you are enjoying them, they are superb loudspeakers.
Keith

Top Bottom