• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Douchebags and Schiit: How do they get away with it?

OP
mansr

mansr

Major Contributor
Amazing, isn't it?

Furthermore, other pieces there start with sentences such as "We like ass at Strong Language, and it’s an impressively productive piece of vocabulary" and "At Strong Language we love creative swearing." So clearly the blog isn't by written by prudes in the Tipper "Parental Advisory - Explicit Lyrics" Gore mold. It's just someone with a niche linguistic interest.
It's a blog about swearing, often interesting, and no word is too rude for it. I posted the link because they were discussing a brand that is often mentioned here. That is all. I'm surprised by the strong reactions from some.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That is all. I'm surprised by the strong reactions from some.
This is the internet, clicking on links and comprehending the content isn't required, you can move directly to triggered, it saves so much time, and most importantly you can avoid learning things.

I'm looking at a few of the other entries to see if it is worth subscribing to.

Savethebroflakes

SJW's should be dragged out in to the street and shot. Honestly it's Mothers against Canada level nonsense.
You think you're some kind of freedom fighter? You're an illiterate goomba thug. Threaten women with death for an article you didn't even read? Come drag me out! Come try to shoot me! Pigs like you should be knocked out with a slap and raped in the streets. Greaseball

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
You think you're some kind of freedom fighter? You're an illiterate goomba thug. Threaten women with death for an article you didn't even read? Come drag me out! Come try to shoot me! Pigs like you should be knocked out with a slap and raped in the streets. Greaseball

@Vini darko @Savethebroflakes neither comment has any place here. Thanks

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Ok , your banned . Congratulations, that's the most speedy ban in the history of ASR .

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
SJW's should be dragged out in to the street and shot. Honestly it's Mothers against Canada level nonsense.
This is over the top , I don't think you've read the article.

I know it's just a figure of speech but still this is not the kind of rhetoric we want .

edit , know knowing what SJW means I'm going to warn you . Further outbursts like this will result in logging in issues !

Edit , Further information ,.seems was ment in jest and is a Garfield reference. Still kinda silly given the limits and nature of this communication medium.

I love SJW , SJ is the greatest thing since sliced bread , it's like sliced bread without the carbs.

cheers

Vini darko

Major Contributor
This is over the top , I don't think you've read the article.

I know it's just a figure of speech but still this is not the kind of rhetoric we want .

cheers
Ok I'll refrain from dark humor here in future. The quote is modified from a Garfield comic strip with additioal referance to southpark. Not a statment of actual intent irl. And yes I only made it half way through the artical

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Ok I'll refrain from dark humor here in future. The quote is modified from a Garfield comic strip with additioal referance to southpark. Not a statment of actual intent irl. And yes I only made it half way through the artical
Should of known a cat was to blame !

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
This is the internet, clicking on links and comprehending the content isn't required, you can move directly to triggered, it saves so much time, and most importantly you can avoid learning things.

I'm looking at a few of the other entries to see if it is worth subscribing to.
Read headline , trap off with gusto... Feel Gooood .

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Probably just another Douchebag who assumed 'we' were attacking Schiit.

mcdonalk

A month or two ago, one of, if not the head, of Schiit videoconferenced into our virtual audio club meeting for a presentation and Q&A. He was asked about the origin of the company name. Per his straightforward explanation, the etymology of the name is indeed based on the 4-letter term. They may make great products, but I would not know, since I don't own any, and I don't know anyone who owns any, and there may be no trustworthy reviews for them, but as far as the company name goes, the joke's on you.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
It's a blog about swearing, often interesting, and no word is too rude for it. I posted the link because they were discussing a brand that is often mentioned here. That is all. I'm surprised by the strong reactions from some.
Likewise. I read it a day before you post it and found it interesting.

L5730

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Schiit's Creek was a funny and amusing series. Even made it's way onto UK Freeview TV, although not on any of the BBC channels, and way after the online streaming platform(s).

I'm pretty sure they avoided any of the "that's good schiit" kinda usage. Although, the mayor of the town is called Roland Schiit. Get it, roll in doo-doo. The quick spoken name can sound a bit like the latter phrase!

paddycrow

Forum Donor
I have to admit I chuckled when I read they refer to their product development center as "The Schitter."

Tks

Major Contributor
Who is paying for these people to make and publish such useless drivel?

Same morons who paid Eric Schmuckle to write this garbage back in '93 for vulgarity usage in a TV-MA rated series.

Only good this article did tbh was highlight the awful legal status of trademarks and such..

Language is one problem for NYPD Blue, with free use of such terms as “‘tits” and “douchebag.”

Oof, big yikes on that one...

Top Bottom