• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dog help: any vetanerians in the house?

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Mine is an older rescue dog and went through some comparable med situation when he first arrived. Our usually great vet prescribed some meds and it had a rare behavioral side effect. The vet was in denial over it and we almost put our dog down. It has been years since and is no longer on the medication. The same trigger situation has never caused misbehavior since. In fact, he is one off the most chill dogs I have ever seen (but still situationally protective).

He is old enough now that cataracts will likely be our next challenge. He is no longer as good at catching stuff tossed his way. He is still pretty spry and agile but am concerned what happens when he can no longer see the steps well. Love him dearly but also do not want him to suffer. He is the only dog we have had so if anyone has advice on dealing with doggy geriatrics, please post or PM. Thanks!

P.S. good to see Amir’s dog has recovered too!

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@amirm My dog Bosley wishes your dog a speedy recovery.

View attachment 307393

Gather Bosley is a Bernese?

My long time neighbor has had 3 over the years. Big, fun-loving dogs for the most part (his latest seems to be a bit daft). All the neighbors know his dog as he is usually chained in his front driveway.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 48726

Had a Samoyed in the family when I was a kid. Lovely active dog.
Best wishes!

Top Bottom