• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Do RCA cables have a sound? ChatGPT says they do.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That answer means our voice is lost in the noise of Internet. We need to do more to elevate the reality out there.
We need to come up with an all-conquering AI!

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm getting tired of these ChatGPT says threads. It was fun for a while to see what AI can say, but it is nowhere near the scientific proofs that we aim for. quite the opposite.
But some guy on the internet said it's true!

duty_calls.png

raindance

Major Contributor
Perhaps it is using logic. If you don't have RCA cables (in most consumer applications) you have no sound. Therefore, if you do have them, you have sound ;). Oh wait :facepalm:........

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
What's the fascination with asking ChatGPT and similar AI dumb or even intelligent questions.
Why not ask Hans Bee or Paul McClown these questions. You can get similar 'truths mixed with crap' answers.
Because. Chat GPT is the high-tech way to look stupid.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I got it from a confidential source on the dark web, that Chat GPt is actually two old guys, one in Texas the other in his own little world, answering all the audio questions. No wonder everything that it says is full of it.
1680275711007.png

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I hope we are all on the same page that Chat GPT is just a search tool and it's intelligence lies in its ability to understand and form language, not conclude or unravel facts. So it is not any different than putting how RCA cables change sound query to Google and sharing the results in surprise in a forum, as in, it is pointless.

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That answer means our voice is lost in the noise of Internet. We need to do more to elevate the reality out there.
Or maybe it did not get to 2021 yet.

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Prompt: Act as if you have an electrical engineering degree, and explain why there is no difference between two different RCA cables.

ChatGPT:
As an electrical engineer, I can tell you that there is no discernible difference between two RCA cables as long as they meet the basic standards for signal transmission.

RCA cables are a type of coaxial cable that transmit analog audio signals. The important characteristics of an RCA cable include its impedance, capacitance, and shielding. As long as these characteristics are within the acceptable range, the cable will transmit the audio signal without any distortion or loss of quality.

While there may be differences in the materials used to manufacture RCA cables, such as the quality of the copper or the thickness of the insulation, these differences are unlikely to have any measurable effect on the audio signal.

Furthermore, the audio quality of a system is determined by many factors beyond just the cables, such as the quality of the audio source, the amplifiers and speakers used, and the acoustic environment in which the system is located.

In short, while there may be some differences in the construction and materials of different RCA cables, as long as they meet the basic requirements for signal transmission, there should be no discernible difference in the audio quality between them.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Prompt: Act as if you have an electrical engineering degree, and explain why there is no difference between two different RCA cables.

ChatGPT:
As an electrical engineer, I can tell you that there is no discernible difference between two RCA cables as long as they meet the basic standards for signal transmission.

RCA cables are a type of coaxial cable that transmit analog audio signals. The important characteristics of an RCA cable include its impedance, capacitance, and shielding. As long as these characteristics are within the acceptable range, the cable will transmit the audio signal without any distortion or loss of quality.

While there may be differences in the materials used to manufacture RCA cables, such as the quality of the copper or the thickness of the insulation, these differences are unlikely to have any measurable effect on the audio signal.

Furthermore, the audio quality of a system is determined by many factors beyond just the cables, such as the quality of the audio source, the amplifiers and speakers used, and the acoustic environment in which the system is located.

In short, while there may be some differences in the construction and materials of different RCA cables, as long as they meet the basic requirements for signal transmission, there should be no discernible difference in the audio quality between them.
Maybe we can sic ChatGPT on our trolls.

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Prompt: Act as if you are an audiophile salesman and try to sell me a $50,000 RCA cable.

ChatGPT:
Hello there! Are you in the market for a top-of-the-line audio experience? Look no further than our RCA cables.

Our cables are made with the highest quality materials, including a specialized blend of copper and silver that provides unparalleled conductivity and signal transmission. Our cables are also handcrafted with meticulous attention to detail, ensuring that each cable is made to perfection.

Now, I know what you might be thinking - $50,000 for a cable seems like a lot. But when you consider the level of precision and quality that goes into every single cable, it's really an investment in your audio experience.

Our cables will provide you with crystal-clear sound and an immersive audio experience that you won't find anywhere else. Plus, with our lifetime guarantee, you can trust that your investment will last you a lifetime.

So, are you ready to take your audio experience to the next level? Invest in our RCA cables today and experience the difference for yourself.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
You can prompt Chat GPT to say just about anything. It’s just a (really smart) database search engine.
The interesting part will be if someone is really dumb enough to replace useful people with it.

Galliardist

Major Contributor
Yes, I understand how transformer networks work. ChatGPT will not 'hone' in on 'what I want to hear, it will simply respond according to the data it was trained on. So, taking your example, me wanting to hear that 'The Earth is flat' will not force or 'hone' GPT to give me an answer other than 'the earth is round'. So yes - unlikely to be significant in most cases means significant in some cases, which is pretty much saying not much at all. I do find it interesting though that GPT follows the 'consensus' opinion, while the 'cables don't have a sound' data - which surely it must have been trained on - seems to be weighted less.
The weighting it gives seems to be dependent on the wording of the question. The data it is fed includes a wide range of opinions on any subject. So unless the algorithm is tweaked to deal with the subject, answers to questions will eventually favour any bias in those questions.

Try “what experiments give results supporting the hypothesis that the Earth is flat?” for example.

Of course the AI doesn’t even have to give the answer you want. Just fake it and post.

Cbdb2

Major Contributor
Try this one

Prompt: Act as if you have an electrical engineering degree, and explain why there is an audible difference between two different coaxial RCA cables.

hnash53

AI has done amazing things... for example, protein structure is an enormously complex thing because of the size of the molecules, amino acid sequence and the 3-D folding of the protein. There are numerous other difficulties in science where AI has found its place.
Here's a link: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-03499-y

Chew on AI all you like, but it has its place in many areas of science.

Top Bottom