• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dirac Virto for headhones anyone?

usersky

Forum Donor
Asus is about to release a very promising phone, Zenfone 10. It's relatively small, top specs, wireless charging, 3.5 headphones plug (some still use this ;) and so on. What jumped at me was Dirac Virtuo for headphones. Does anyone have any experience with this? I saw Dirac Virtuo for cars discussed very briefly. I won't buy a new car for Dirac but a new phone - I don't know :) I see on Dirac site that it is / will be available also on Oppo, Nothing, Oneplus. I would be very interested in impressions about Dirac Virtuo for headphones, it may be the trigger for me buying Zenphone 10.

Check out reviews of headphones with built-in "dirac virtuo" like the nuratrue pro, (e.g. coming denon perl pro), cleeraudio alpha, monolith 1000anc, rockerz apex.
"Dirac Virtuo, basically offering spatial audio on any headphones you plug in or pair with your Zenfone.Nothing to complain about here, I tested the options with my trusty Audio Technika ATH-50 (thanks, 3.5mm jack), and the results were very, very pleasing. "

It will apply convolution with a generic hrir (impulse response) for audio spatializing like many other companies do.
(Dolby atmos f. headphones, windows sonic, sennheiser gsx, etc.)
As soon as someone has recorded the "dirac virtuo" impulse response and provides it, it will bes usable with many other smartphones supporting the "rootlessjamesdsp" app.
"Hesuvi" has a large collection of those spatializer impulse responses, hope "dirac virtuo" will be added.

Top Bottom