• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Digital converters

OP
D

Dumdum

It's placebo, don't bother. If it measures the same, it SOUNDS the same.
Your response is not pertinent to my original question

And something is different of course if it sounds different... it’s not placebo... I am trying to work out the difference but that’s not for this thread

100rounddrum

Your response is not pertinent to my original question

And something is different of course if it sounds different... it’s not placebo... I am trying to work out the difference but that’s not for this thread
Well it measures the same you said right? Then it is the same. No discussion. It's placebo on your side.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
No, I don’t use the d10 as a dac, I use it to feed digital signal into a 6 to 8 dsp which then contains a dac (as listed above) to give 8 outputs of analogue to my amplifiers running 3 way plus sub fully active

I have compared the d10 as a dac to the d10 as digital into my dsp and digital sounds way better!

I am enquiring as to why amir doesn’t test the digital outputs of devices which have digital output (like the D10 for example) as digital usb to digital coax or optical outputs when he tests the unit as a dac, and if so how and what can set different digital converters of this kind apart... as I have had markedly different results from two devices which are both digital converters for usb digital in... the topping being superior (this is not what I was referring to earlier when comparing digital vs analogue which was purely the topping via two different outputs)
My apologies I changed my post as you were posting. Sorry, didn't intend to cause trouble.

It would still be good if you'll give a line diagram of signal flow.

OP
D

Dumdum

Well it measures the same you said right? Then it is the same. No discussion. It's placebo on your side.
If you’d care to read... the frequency response is, I wasn’t aware that was the only thing you could measure?? distortion... Channel separation... And I’m sure lots of other stuff, but don’t let what I’ve actually written get in the way of your posts just trying to be obnoxious

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The reason Amir does not measure digital outs is you'll find it a useless exercise unless something is broken like 99.9% of the time.

Digital out from two different sources is bit-for-bit identical. If not then some processing has occurred.

What is left is how much jitter is in one datastream vs another. And that is very nearly always so low as to be a non-concern.

It is still unclear to me in your case how the signal flows as it sounds like you have an extra ADC/DAC stage in one version of it.

Last edited:

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
I am enquiring as to why amir doesn’t test the digital outputs of devices which have digital output (like the D10 for example) as digital usb to digital coax or optical outputs when he tests the unit as a dac, and if so how and what can set different digital converters of this kind apart... as I have had markedly different results from two devices which are both digital converters for usb digital in... the topping being superior (this is not what I was referring to earlier when comparing digital vs analogue which was purely the topping via two different outputs)
Here are measurements of the D10 by Amir: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...-topping-d10-as-usb-to-s-pdif-converter.2699/

Look up USB Converters here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?pages/Audio_Equipment_Reviews/

Top Bottom