• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Denon 2023 range X3900H/X4900H/X6800H announcement....!!??

Lumi

Quite possibly @hmt in fact most likely..... It would be nice to get a clear answer though from Denon with a simple yes or no.

jcarys

Yes, the 6800 should be announced at or right before Cedia. The 1700 also still has not moved up to the latest generation. That should be it for 2023.

kibs

So in summary in 2023 we might get
- S670H
- S770H
- X6800
- X1800

Kal-L

What I’m really wondering about is availability. Even if they announce the x6800h at beginning of September how soon before you can buy it? Last year they announced at Cedia and some models were available right away others waited till start of ‘23. I hope it’s the former since the refresh is already lagging behind the others.

fzst

I'm waiting on a potential release of the 6800 as well. I'd like to upgrade my 4400 to a 4800 - mostly because of the new featureset regarding subwoofers.
I will move to a newe place in october and I'm planning to get another crack on trying to implement tacticle transducers and maybe even add a third subwoofer so the 4 indepentat sub outs and the output dedicated for tactile transducers look very tempting. Any possible soundquality upgrade (power) would be welcome as well although there's likely nothing audible going on.

Before I pull the trigger on a 4800 though, I'd like to see what the 6800 brings - maybe it's worth the no doubt higher price tag. DIRAC implementation right from the start would be very welcome, maybe the possibility for SubEQ. If the 6800 is only a slighly beefed up 4800 with a little more power and two more channels, I'd get the 4800 though (I only have a 5.2 setup).

Dobbyisfree

Now the x4800 has gone to monolithic amp architecture, I too hope that the x6800 sees something new and doesn't "just" add two more channels and a few more Watts.
In my opinion, it needs (at it's price) to add a USP over its competition.

fzst

Now the x4800 has gone to monolithic amp architecture, I too hope that the x6800 sees something new and doesn't "just" add two more channels and a few more Watts.
In my opinion, it needs (at it's price) to add a USP over its competition.
Indeed, I'm happy to get the 4800 if the 6800 doesn't offer anything substantial over the 4800.

cdwillis

I'm also eagerly awaiting (read: googling far too often) an announcement of a forthcoming 6800. With CEDIA coming up, and there already being an announcement regarding the AVR-X1800H, it seems like only a matter of time, hopefully in the next week. I totally get what prior posters are saying re: the 4800 being best for them - it certainly packs a lot of tech in for the price (ditto the 3800!). For me, the possibility of using an external amp to decode 13 channels would be really nice - I would like to have 5 or 6 overhead channels to do a proper Auro3D configuration and account for the fact that our theater room is long, front-to-back, and has two rows of seating, so I think having more than 4 overhead channels would be noticeably more immersive. I doubt I'd go with four subs (2 or 3 seem more likely) but having an extra independent sub output to play around with tactile transducers could be fun.

Albert Dagger

Forum Donor
I'm also curious to see the details of the Denon x6800h. I currently use a Denon x6400h, and I can only say good things about this AVR.

The new A1H is a dream AVR, but it's so heavy. I've made the mistake of buying an external amp, class A/B, that weights 32Kgs. I don't think I will ever purchase again anything that weights more than 20Kgs, so the next upgrade will either be the Marantz AV10 or the Denon x6800h (pending specs and measurements).

fzst

I'm also curious to see the details of the Denon x6800h.
Yeah, I have a feeling that this one could be the sweetspot to get most of the performance without spending a ridiculous amount of money for the flaggship big boys.
I could be wrong though and we only get a slightly beefed up 4800 - it all depends on the price as well of course...

I currently use a Denon x6400h, and I can only say good things about this AVR.
I can only say good things about my 4400h as well - great AVR. I'm actually a little afraid of uprading it since it works so well:rolleyes::p A part of me thinks, I should use it until it dies or until I really need a feature it doesn't have...
The only issues I had with it, was that 2-3 times the internet connection (via Wifi) was lost and I had to put in the password again (which I admit is quite cumbersome via a TV-remote) and Denon's remote and Audyssey apps having some connection issues (which is more of a problem of the apps though and not the AVR) - otherwise it was pretty much smooth sailing all around - even the ARC and HDMI-CEC always worked like a charm.

The best part of it was of course that I got it for only 500 bucks on the second hand market around 3 years ago - man the prices of these things went up big time...:rolleyes:

The new A1H is a dream AVR, but it's so heavy. I've made the mistake of buying an external amp, class A/B, that weights 32Kgs. I don't think I will ever purchase again anything that weights more than 20Kgs, so the next upgrade will either be the Marantz AV10 or the Denon x6800h (pending specs and measurements).
Yeah heavy AV-stuff is a real PITA if you have to move them... I live in an apartement, so I know that I will move again which is why I refrain of buying too big and heavy things as well (subwoofers are the biggest - pun intended:p - offenders in that regard).

Albert Dagger

Forum Donor
I can only say good things about my 4400h as well - great AVR. I'm actually a little afraid of uprading it since it works so well:rolleyes::p A part of me thinks, I should use it until it dies or until I really need a feature it doesn't have...
The only issues I had with it, was that 2-3 times the internet connection (via Wifi) was lost and I had to put in the password again (which I admit is quite cumbersome via a TV-remote) and Denon's remote and Audyssey apps having some connection issues (which is more of a problem of the apps though and not the AVR) - otherwise it was pretty much smooth sailing all around - even the ARC and HDMI-CEC always worked like a charm.

The best part of it was of course that I got it for only 500 bucks on the second hand market around 3 years ago - man the prices of these things went up big time...:rolleyes:

Yeah heavy AV-stuff is a real PITA if you have to move them... I live in an apartement, so I know that I will move again which is why I refrain of buying too big and heavy things as well (subwoofers are the biggest - pun intended:p - offenders in that regard).
Same here. I don't really need to upgrade, but I'd like to do it in the near future for a couple of reasons. First, there are no measurements for the Denon X6400h, so I can only guess its performance. Looking at the results of the 6700, it seems it should be okay, but hard to tell. Measurements and performance can change drastically from one year to another. Second, I'd like to get the new HD GUI e try Dirac. I don't currently use room correction, I calibrate levels and distances manually, but I wouldn't mind trying Dirac, given the positive reviews.

One of the next things on the list is also measuring my room properly.

fzst

Second, I'd like to get the new HD GUI e try Dirac. I don't currently use room correction, I calibrate levels and distances manually, but I wouldn't mind trying Dirac, given the positive reviews.
Yeah, the GUI on ours looks really dated:rolleyes: but that's just a nice to have and wouldn't get me to upgrade my receiver. The biggest thing for me is the pretty much best in class bass management of these new receivers with the 4 independant sub outputs (and I would have use for the tactile transducer out). I also secretly hope that even with only two subs in use, the correction of Audyssey has improved somewhat. I could of course EQ my subs (Arendal 1723 1s) manually via their app and measurements (Umik-1) but if I'm honest I just don't have the skill nor the time to do it properly and therefore I rely on Audyssey - which does a pretty good job imo.

I'd also like to try DIRAC but if you want DIRAC, it's probably best to stay away from the X800h AVRs, with first time implementations like this, there are always issues and it's probably best to wait for the second generation X900h- series which will probably have it right from the get go and by then the kinks will most likely be ironed out.

Still, that's actually something I hope for with the release of the 6800h, it would be awesome if they implemented DIRAC with all the features (including sub EQ and maybe even ART (a man can dream:p)) right form the get go and everything works fine - that would really be a reason to buy the 6800!
If the situation is the same as with the 4800h though (which it most likely will be), it's probably best to wait for the X900h- series if you want DIRAC.

Last edited:
OP
R

rana_kirti

I really hope Denon avoid the DAC controversy on the x900 series.

I've personally not been able to buy the x3800 due to not being able to jump the psychological hurdle of buying a Non Amirm approved product.

Really hope the new x9000 series can be on the Amirm "Recommended List"

no matter how many other expert reviews we read on AVRs, truth is many atleast members here, can't buy it any more without Amirm's approval and Auro3D.

Top Bottom