• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

dCS Bartok Review

ShiZo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The fact that he actually purchased those or ted gave them to him are both red flags.

frogmeat69

Forum Donor
" I ran a Synergistic Research Galileo USB cable"

Sorry, I stopped reading there. Do you know where you posting? Not the right place to advertise for the biggest rip offs in all of audio, aside from white van speakers.

They literally come with little tuning modules, peices of metal that slip into a piece of the cable (beyond strange) to change the sound signature
I just looked that cable up, and have now lost all faith in humanity.

Zog

" I ran a Synergistic Research Galileo USB cable"
From the website you will see an amazing feature set:

2nd Generation UEF Filter Wow. Nice!
SR Ground Plane technology Very Impressive
Spotify ... sounds like high resolution analog master tapes Cripes! I had to go and get this!

I have since tested the said Galileo USB cable and it does all that is claimed. And so much more:
  1. It plugs itself in automatically - you just open the box. It is the Optisense Technology that does this.
  2. The color of the braid changes according to the frequency of signal;
  3. It adds up all the bits and does a checksum to let you know your transmission is bit perfect.
  4. It can also be used as a necklace.
  5. It refuses to play Diana Krall. (My favourite feature)

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Can we just choose to ignore this thread from that point on? The more we post on and about it ... the more we encourage what is IMHO, trolling.

not one more electron would be spent by me on this. I’m off.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
“Ground plane technology”. In case your listening room is a tent?

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hey @TwoTrack there is a LOT of money on offer here, for charity and perhaps for you. Are you going to take anyone up on it?

if you don’t, what should we assume about your confidence in your listening skills?

digicidal

Major Contributor

Spotify ... sounds like high resolution analog master tapes Cripes! I had to go and get this!

I have since tested the said Galileo USB cable and it does all that is claimed. And so much more:
  1. It plugs itself in automatically - you just open the box. It is the Optisense Technology that does this.
  3. It adds up all the bits and does a checksum to let you know your transmission is bit perfect.
If you weren't joking - I would have already placed my order. In fact, all it would have to do is change it's braid color... that alone would get my dollars - if it actually passed data, that would just be a bonus! :cool:

I thought while we're on this topic... I'd throw in a bit of satirical prose in the form of a computer review:
The ByteMonster XL by BadAssSystems was impressive from the moment I removed it from the packaging. It came wrapped in a luxurious velvet bag, and was a sleek block of machined aluminum with powerful components inside. Naturally it had a CPU, MB, RAM, 3 GPUs and some cables... but enough about that. What really impressed me was the large, billet power button which had a strong tactile feedback when first powering it on. And the silence... I could hear my cat purring on the other side of the office, undisturbed by the digital monster I'd unleashed. My wife was passing by and asked me when I was going to turn it on - yes, it's that quiet!

When handling business tasks, no job was too much. Spreadsheets calculated with unimaginable aplomb even more accurately than I'd become accustomed to with my Mac Pro. Documents practically wrote themselves - I was saddened when I completed one, wishing there were a few more pages I could write. However, what really sets the ByteMonster XL apart from the competition is to be found in the gaming. Regardless of operating system, you are positive the baddies are coming from behind you and are physically present in the room! The colors are deeper, richer, and more dynamic than I've ever seen on my monitor. The action was more papable, and the sounds even more submersive and realistic. I noticed distinct improvements on both the HDMI and Display Port connections - this monster just dominated everything.

I didn't bother to run any benchmarks, nor will I bore you with the component specifications - it's just so impressively fast that no matter what you do on it... it will never break a sweat! It came with a very nice power cord, but naturally I used my own cables for this review... I already have them broken in after all. Regardless, I think a system like this deserves the best, so that's where I would seek improvements should you want any.

At $32,599 it's definitely not the cheapest way of updating your FB profile or arguing on the Internet with lesser humans... but I can easily say it's worth every penny of it.

BillG

Major Contributor
I thought while we're on this topic... I'd throw in a bit of satirical prose in the form of a computer review:

Hahahaha! Any tech reviewer that published such a thing what get absolutely slaughtered by IT professionals. I wish audiophiles would do the same to industry reviewers... :p

bunkbail

Forum Donor
The review almost reads like satire to me.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Lovely review. :)

Listen up guys. You've possibly read the tremendous reviews of some of AQ's most expensive cables on Amazon. Especially their HDMI cables. Well guess what? Synergistic Research sells some items on Amazon. They mostly lack reviews. Seems a shame really.....that they lack reviews!

Just a sampling.
https://www.amazon.com/PowerCell-Po...1571120100&sprefix=synergysti,aps,165&sr=8-24

$1995 power conditioner. You could be the first to review. I nominate Zog.

https://www.amazon.com/Synergistic-...1571120100&sprefix=synergysti,aps,165&sr=8-23

A high frequency transducer speaker/room upgrade. Uncommon affordability from SR at only $299. Man if you buy one get it to Amir or Ray to measure its effects.

https://www.amazon.com/Synergistic-...1571120100&sprefix=synergysti,aps,165&sr=8-22
The ever popular Blue Quantum fuses. Only $149 a pop. Nary a review yet.

Quoting a snippet from the description:
  • Today physicists understand electrons don’t flow at all but rather propagate in a wave of energy that moves along a conductor with a multitude of factors that alters this wave at the quantum level. To understand how electricity travels without electrons ever leaving their respective atoms it is helpful to consider the spectator ‘wave’ at a football match.
They reach full effectiveness after only 200-300 hrs of break in/burn in. Yet out of the box outperform prior models of the Black SR fuses. They tell you they are directional, but no where do I see that this only applies to DC. If you are using them in an AC fusing situation I wonder how that works? You won't be able to watch the wave like in a football match.

Please step up and review these products.

Zog

Challenge accepted sir! You are in luck as I already own this exceptional product. The feature set includes from the white paper (or is that the spiel? -sorry I am easily confused) and I paraphrase with my appreciation in italics and parenthesis)
  • It is a non-currant limiting (Great! I hate currants - they cock-up my ketogenic diet)
  • It is driven by performance. (Way to go!)