• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best sound in my Jeep Wrangler ?

cvsnowboarder

Hello everyone , I have a 2019 Jeep Wrangler JL. I’ve upgraded my Jeep’s radio to a Stinger Heigh 10 “ with a 10” screen. I have K2 Power Focal ES165K 6 1/2 “ components up front and Alpine R components ( very disappointing sound) in the rear. I have a JL Audio 10W3 subwoofer in the cargo area. I have an Alpine X-A 70F 4 channel amp running the components . A separate JL Audio XD600/1 is running the sub. I’m using my iPhone 13 Pro Max using Tidal . The sound isn’t quite doing it for me. My question is should I buy a portable DAP? If so which one ? Should I buy the new Helix Mini DSP MK ? Or purchase an amp , dsp combo ? My goal is to listen to high res music in my car and I want it to sound phenomenal . I’ve tried using my ifi X DSD DAC and it’s a great improvement but a pain to use. Which route should I go ? Btw… my Stinger head unit has optical out. Thank you everyone

Last edited:

street19

You need the DSP. Helix, Audison, JL etc, kinda doesnt matter as long as it has the required I/O for your system. Even more importantly, you need someone that can tune it. Find the tuner first, then buy the DSP that they are comfortable tuning with.

Top Bottom