• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dayton MK402X Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

escape2

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Ahh ok so not suitable for an entry level surround receiver?
Well, I was powering them with an entry level receiver (Denon S740H). The receiver would always get rather warm/hot, but did not break. :)

Neutronman

I wonder how the active version compares??? MK402BTX.... Thinking of adding them to my Topping DX3Pro+ for some desktop fun. Was also looking at Edifier 1280T and Micca PB 42X

tweakz

I wonder how the active version compares??? MK402BTX.... Thinking of adding them to my Topping DX3Pro+ for some desktop fun. Was also looking at Edifier 1280T and Micca PB 42X
Not many reviews of the powered version. Wonder if the chip amp can drive them without zonking out.

CrazyDwarf

I'm impressed by the spin data for a $70 speaker like everyone else, but wouldn't the typical buyer of a product in this price range run into trouble powering them given the 80dB sensitivity and 4ohm minimum impedance? I suppose they could be fine for nearfield use.

Ahh ok so not suitable for an entry level surround receiver?

I am using those for my front left and right speakers in my living room 5.1.2 Home Theater setup and power them with Denon S750H AVR. I never once used it on 100% volume :) That's because it gets too loud for me. Mostly I watch movies at 50% volume out of 100%. It's like 85-90 dB on average according to my sound meter.

P.S. The room is around 19' by 10' with openings to the kitchen and the hallway. The listening distance is around 8 feet.

Attachments

• IMG_20211230_175508.jpg
    IMG_20211230_175508.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Top Bottom