• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cat News?

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
that's a happy little guy now.. well done...
I'm afraid that was many years ago now and he has long since gone to the happy hunting grounds in the sky. But it was very satisfying to see his transformation.

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
282066355_713050210012694_7702887694990283188_n.jpg

Gringoaudio1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Came home from a long weekend away to a destroyed woofer. Bad Kitty. Fortunately not my Italian speakers. Mirage OM-5 was the victim.

Attachments

• 021473EB-A196-454F-8814-2AD4C7A10440.jpeg
    021473EB-A196-454F-8814-2AD4C7A10440.jpeg
    371.8 KB · Views: 111

tw 2022

I'm afraid that was many years ago now and he has long since gone to the happy hunting grounds in the sky. But it was very satisfying to see his transformation.
Sorry for your loss, I've had many come and go..it hurts every time..

tw 2022

I nominate politicians; although there is nothing covert about their self-serving shenanigans!
Coverts are especially evil.. Many KNOW they are evil trolls that are predators... And they don't care..

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
Therefor, someone needs to bring lots of physical pain. Get them begging to be left alone.

i volunteer, got enough spent up frustrations for a few more episodes of this one:

except the cat, those i like....

600_OHM

Awww! Had a few memorable cats adopt us over the years. Once you realize that in *their* minds, WE are the pets, everthing is cool! :)

The cat news thread title cracked me up, because one of the things I did to all the cats I owned was test them:

Go into the living-room with a newspaper, get down on the floor and start flipping pages. Most of the response times were very short, where it became evident that the cat was a total narcissist, and either walked or laid down on the paper making it impossible to read.

Totally hilarious. Apparently they really don't want us to be well-informed, unless it involved them. :) I miss them.

600_OHM

Inside every grumpy-cat is also a hidden avante-garde artiste trying to get out.

Here is a grumpy-cat who insisted on making a video way back with Bjork. (Sorry, seem to have Bjork on the brain - it might be a condition... )

This is the kind of stuff your cat might be listening to when you are away. :)

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Cats, in one form or another, have been on the planet for a bazillian years. I've always wondered how they have managed to survive without human intervention? If only the Saber Tooth had these to fall back on, they might still be around.

As far as wanting to know how a cat spends 'its day'? I'm guessing most of them are sleeping. And... want a 'fit and trim' cat. Don't feed it to death, for crying out loud.

xaviescacs

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Cats are causing major ecological unbalances in many regions, due to lack of competence and high efficiency as predators. They are extremely adaptable because as opposed to bigger felines they found prey almost everywhere: birds, mice and other small mammals, lizards and snakes, insects, etc. Bigger felines can't catch small animals nor survive on them, they need bigger prey which isn't always available. Cats can survive on many earth ecosystems. With respect to sleeping, yes and no. Cats at home sleep or rest most of the time, but when they need it, they can stay awake for long periods and then sleep for long periods too, so they are quite flexible in that regard, as opposed to many herbivores for instance.

In summary, cats are here to stay, whether domestic or in wildlife. :)

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Sadly, the Feral Mom of our four amazing beastlets has had cancer starting on her nose. For roughly nine years she has been a regular here at our home.

There have been several times this year we thought she was done, but has kept on trucking like the energizer bunny. While her nose has been a concern for well over a year, this year has been another story. I will skip the most vivid details, but also am compelled to share for those who love there little friends as we do... even the one who wouldn't let us touch her but gifted us with her kittens.
Why? Because this is something that cat owners should know.

The "light" version is that as the cancer took over her nose, it started bleeding and showing signs of infection. I do not know how else to describe what has happened to her other than to say that at some point her nose literally fell off, leaving her cheeks still there. Those too have fallen off. She still has her whiskers, but greathing is clearly a problem as you can hear her gasping through her nasal passages. We do not know if it is related to the cancer, but she also lost an eye as part of what has happened to her this year.

For us, this has been horrible to watch. She had resisted all attempts to capture her and get her help... which even a year ago would likely mean being euthanized.

I was able to get her under a drop trap today and have taken her to be euthanized.

The message for cat lovers who have friends with white ears and noses is that these little beasts are very susceptible to this type of cancer. Much like how some of us Northern European Pink Skins can't take much sun, the same is true for cats.

We first noticed little dark spots forming around the edge of her nose. According to our Vet, this is the same that can happen at the tips of their ears. That is the warning sign. If you have outdoor cats with white ears or noses, pay attention.

Alas, this is a photo from 2015 with the second group of kittens she brought to us. Marmalade is only about 3 mos old at this point. This is the way I want to remember Lucky:
IMG_1771.jpg

We are so grateful for the gift you gave us, little girl. Thank you, and we will miss you.
folded-hands_1f64f.png

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
A colleague of my daughter's said she saw the serval prowling her chicken coop.
Who knew that I would learn what a serval was, right here at ASR.o_O
Sexiest legs on a non-human feline!

Yoh, @ryanosaur, why are you being 'sad'?
You got every reason to be happy that your FeralMom gave you great ROI for 9 years, with plenty of dividends.;)

Top Bottom