• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cat News?

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
That looks to be a Chinses sausage roll. A chunk of Chinese sausage wrapped in light dough and then streamed in a bamboo steamer. They are delicious and filling too.
Definitely a Bao of some sort. In my brain it's just the standard pork Bao. ;) But in can be any kind you want. :D

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I have to disagree with all humans being self aware. I have known a lot of people that I associated with single cell amoebas. Or looking at it in another way, can you run into people who are so idiotic they drop below being self aware?
I could easily report you to the Mods for slandering me... :D
Of the hundreds of animals tested so far, only 10 animals (to date) have been proven to have any measurable degree of self awareness.
On the 2nd thought; maybe I should have put "Humans" as number10.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Definitely a Bao of some sort. In my brain it's just the standard pork Bao. ;) But in can be any kind you want. :D
I used to eat those Bao au plenty when I worked at a Chinese restaurant for 2.25 years. I stopped eating them though because they are so filling and it left less room for the other food stuff that I enjoyed much more. Traditional Chinese is not anything like continental sweet and sour pork and stuff like that. It's much better and the dishes just kept coming. I really enjoyed Chinese potatoes, a very bitter sauce with beef and bean on rice and all the seafood and soups we had everyday. If I worked a full day I would have lunch and dinner free of charge and there where like 10 or 15 dishes each meal laid out on a huge lazy-susan for everybody at a very large round table that we all sat at. It was easy going to work...lol

Last edited:

tw 2022

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I feel for you! I think I've known a narc and a psychopathic personality too. It was hell for sure with both of them. I spot one coming now and I am out.
you've undoubtedly known many more than that.. they are master manipulators and hard to spot from a distance...my rant was "psa"......

Last edited:

Loathecliff

I have to disagree with all humans being self aware. I have known a lot of people that I associated with single cell amoebas. Or looking at it in another way, can you run into people who are so idiotic they drop below being self aware?
Fans of Harry Webb, aka Cliffy Richard for example. By definition anyone who 'thinks' that this epitome of mediocrity can in any way be talented, cannot be self aware.
The above is a quote from this wise 15 year old.
IMG_20211004_095541_829.JPG

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
I was very blessed in life that I learned early on how you can change peoples behavior with proper pain application. If you hurt some of these narcs and others enough (I mean a lot) they will back off and leave you alone, as they know you are in it to win it and they will be crippled for life. But, in todays world that is not acceptable. In the 70's it was amazing what you could do. Oh well. The new modern way I guess is to live in Florida (I do) and if anyone gives you a boat load of crap, your fill them full of lead and declare that you feared for your life. No prosecution and no civil suits. Gotta love Florida!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
you can change peoples behavior with proper pain application. If you hurt some of these narcs and others enough (I mean a lot) they will back off and leave you alone, as they know you are in it to win it and they will be crippled for life.
Do you mean hurt the narcs and such psychologically or with force?

Florida is a rush to think about never mind live it.

tw 2022

I was very blessed in life that I learned early on how you can change peoples behavior with proper pain application. If you hurt some of these narcs and others enough (I mean a lot) they will back off and leave you alone, as they know you are in it to win it and they will be crippled for life. But, in todays world that is not acceptable. In the 70's it was amazing what you could do. Oh well. The new modern way I guess is to live in Florida (I do) and if anyone gives you a boat load of crap, your fill them full of lead and declare that you feared for your life. No prosecution and no civil suits. Gotta love Florida!
playing the game of "who can be the bigger di**" was never my thing.. and the narc's going to win , unless you want to risk jail...they been doin' this their whole lives...edit : viva la florida!!.. edit #2...i shouldn't say that being the biggest di** was never my thing.. i'm hopefully smart enough to know when not to be... and dealing with a sociopath can get outta hand pretty quick...

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Some of you have this cat thing inside out. Cats adopt us. Put up with us, to a point. They let us live in their territory and we must abide their rules. They lay on our laps solely for the heat. They eat what and when they want. They honor us by rubbing against our legs to remind us that if they were as big as we are, it would be a whole different role reversal. They purr just long enough for us to drop our guard and suddenly they have sunk their fangs deep in the fleshy underpart of your hand/arm/leg. They prance away proudly for administering human training session. They lay on things that they think are important to you. Thereby demonstrating their dominance.
At night they turn the house into their own predator hunting grounds. They knock your valuables off the counters to torture us. Cats are very much psychopaths and want you to feel at ease. As they plan your downfall. And somehow knowing all of this, we still think we’re in charge?

Love them at a safe distance. Never drop your guard and keep those nails trimmed. Furry Velociraptors. How cute, let’s get 3 honey…:oops:

tw 2022

Some of you have this cat thing inside out. Cats adopt us. Put up with us, to a point. They let us live in their territory and we must abide their rules. They lay on our laps solely for the heat. They eat what and when they want. They honor us by rubbing against our legs to remind us that if they were as big as we are, it would be a whole different role reversal. They purr just long enough for us to drop our guard and suddenly they have sunk their fangs deep in the fleshy underpart of your hand/arm/leg. They prance away proudly for administering human training session. They lay on things that they think are important to you. Thereby demonstrating their dominance.
At night they turn the house into their own predator hunting grounds. They knock your valuables off the counters to torture us. Cats are very much psychopaths and want you to feel at ease. As they plan your downfall. And somehow knowing all of this, we still think we’re in charge?

Love them at a safe distance. Never drop your guard and keep those nails trimmed. Furry Velociraptors. How cute, let’s get 3 honey…:oops:
cat's and human sociopaths.. i'll take the cat every time:)

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor

that sounds more like my ex's than my felines :rolleyes:

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Do you mean hurt the narcs and such psychologically or with force?

Florida is a rush to think about never mind live it.
Force of course! But this was in the 1970s. If someone got abusive ( I mean crazy abusive by mouth) you just pounded the crap out of them. With enough force that they would always go look for an easier target. For some reason they dish out the mental pain but can't really take any physical pain. This includes psychos who thought they liked to beat on women or take on much younger people half their size. Luckily, as a Police Officer back then I had a free pass to mete out judgement on the spot and often did. Those days are LONG GONE now. But hey, I have great memories though! Sometimes when you have enough you have to say no more and back it up, if smaller in stature and not a fighter, I recommend a good baseball bat. Swung with determination they do a fairly good job. But I believe this is very off topic. I will stop my off topic ramblings now.

Last edited:

tw 2022

Force of course! But this was in the 1970s. If someone got abusive ( I mean crazy abusive by mouth) you just pounded the crap out of them. With enough force that they would always go look for an easier target. For some reason they dish out the mental pain but can't really take any physical pain. This includes psychos who thought they liked to beat on women or take on much younger people half their size. Luckily, as a Police Officer back then I had a free pass to mete out judgement on the spot and often did. Those days are LONG GONE now. But hey, I have great memories though! Sometimes when you have enough you have to say no more and back it up, if smaller in stature and not a fighter, I recommend a good baseball bat. Swung with determination they do a fairly good job. But I believe this is very off topic. I will stop my off topic ramblings now.
The hardest sociopaths to deal with ,imo, are covert narc's .. They project sincerity and kindness in public and are hard core psychopaths in private( with their target victim) .. They abuse with emotional abuse and gaslighting and implied threats.. They are like cats playing with wounded mice..pure evil...

olderman

Forum Donor
My own careful analysis of the situation indicates these cats are willing participants, distinct from other cats summarily rejected for this entertainment chore, which were not equivalently inclined, so, I can't help but think the nice ladies are, at least in part, just indulging the cats own masochistic persuasions.

Did you know (some? most?) cats enjoy a good spanking?

Look it up. It's a thing.
I'll vouch for that.

Top Bottom