• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cat News?

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
I've seen some amazing things from cats. Masters of manipulation, both with objects and with emotions. Iggy (from above) even learned to climb a ladder all on his own: freaked me the fcuk out when I found him in my loft! He taught his two younger siblings to do it too.
Regardless, that little walnut size brain does some amazing things. And for a beast that is truly programmed to hunt, kill and sleep they are so much more complex than being perfect little killers.
;)

Suffolkhifinut

Major Contributor
When we relocated back to the UK from Libya we brought our Tripoli street cat back with us, after six months in quarenteen Roger came home. He never hunted birds and wouldn’t let other cats near our garden and there were several around. The garden became a refuge for birds, after he went we get fewer birds in the garden due to feline predation. his claws were so wide and strong he would climb up our wooden weatherboard wall and sleep on the roof, getting back in through our bedroom window, sorely missed by us and the bird population.

tw 2022

Addicted to Fun and Learning
stake after stake e
fyi..i'm guessing english isn't your fist language.. stake in meat terms is steak.. just a friendly fyi, i hope no offense is taken , none is meant...

tw 2022

I'll take the quick methods of killing most places use over slowly wasting away from some illness, likely in a nursing home away from my family. That's how everyone I've known in my family passed away, it's awful.
i'm referring to the needless slaughter of animals to maximize corporate profit rather than finding alternative options , and the *life* of the animal pre death is torture .. i'm one of those "radicals" that don't buy into the biblical "thought" that any abuse to animals is ok as long as it "serves man " .. F*** a buncha that sociopathic nonsense...

tw 2022

I've seen some amazing things from cats. Masters of manipulation, both with objects and with emotions. Iggy (from above) even learned to climb a ladder all on his own: freaked me the fcuk out when I found him in my loft! He taught his two younger siblings to do it too.
Regardless, that little walnut size brain does some amazing things. And for a beast that is truly programmed to hunt, kill and sleep they are so much more complex than being perfect little killers.
;)
cats are a lot smarter than we(as a society) give them credit for...at least you know...

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor

DSJR

Major Contributor
When I finally got away from lodging at home and into my own little place, two neighbour's kittens kind of adopted me and a few years later when said neighbours were expecting their own offspring (and Titchpuss sat in the new cot as if it was going to be his new bed), they decided to let the cats take me on as their prime carer (with my then fiance in tow). It's some years since they 'crossed the rainbow bridge' one after the other and you know, I think of them every day and often shed a tear of love and intense grief for their loss even now. As any who care for cats will know very well, they don't *have* to have you around apart from being a human tin-opener if they have tinned food, but if you're there to feed and fuss over them, as well as giving them a place to sleep, they can be incredibly 'knowing' and intelligent companions and actually very 'loving' too. We've survived until recently with neighbours cats coming to visit for a good fuss and attention and sometimes curling up on the sofa for an hour or two before heading off home for tea, but they've all gone now, either passed on or moved away and we're bereft, even my dog-person wife, who was the Royal Tummy and Paw warmer for Titch years back and more recently the Royal Ear Warmer for Mungo who lived next door for fifteen years and who visited us most days to 'check over his manor.' While our current lives are in something of a turmoil, we can't afford to have a feline friend here to live with us, but one day, I hope we can provide a loving home to a black 'panfur' if possible ('my' two were tabbies and one was my soul brother and the other the 'baby' in the family along with our son at the time (well, our son will always be our 'baby' but parents here of grown up offspring will know what I'm saying...).

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This seems to be going on inside my parents cats shortly before the feeding starts:
1651156767510.jpg

They get rowdy sometimes with my mother. Always nice to my father and me.

Declawing isn't a thing here, no law against it as far as i know.

DSJR

Major Contributor
Our 'baby' Ollie had the sharpest 'needles' you can imagine and he made good use of them on our knees and thighs before snuggling down on our laps for a fuss and a nap :D I'd never in my wildest dreams contemplate declawing them, although some of our older soft furnishing still bears his claw marks and shredding, fortunately hidden but there nionetheless. Our shed corner outside was also a favourite scratching post with lovely scratched-in 'woodgrain' effect down said corner. When we move, we've discussed replacing the wooden batten and bringing it with us. To this day, my wife carries 'The Mark of Titchpuss' as she tried to save him when neighbours dogs got too 'enthusiastic' and he scratched her arm deeply when trying to climb the fence with her helping and the scar's still there twenty three years on. He wasn't what I'd call an 'athletic' cat unlike his partner in crime but then, he was so 'snooty' with others he didn't need to run and jump everywhere as his entire world worshipped him in his eyes, or paid the consequences... ;)

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
I've had to employ feline counter measures to keep my guys from knocking my speakers over. These are patented so don't steal my idea. Really need to get these things finished and put some outriggers on them.

View attachment 203207
Yup. I see that cute little fcuker back there plotting. Keep your eyes peeled! ;)

:cool:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Has anyone got their heart (wallet?) broken, when a cat used the speaker grills as a perfectly well placed scratching pole?
Ugggh! :facepalm: We are 100% committed as indoor-ONLY cat owners and have acquiesced to snipping Spooks' front claws.
Our alternative was to have no cat at all!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Has anyone got their heart (wallet?) broken, when a cat used the speaker grills as a perfectly well placed scratching pole?
Ugggh! :facepalm: We are 100% committed as indoor-ONLY cat owners and have acquiesced to snipping Spooks' front claws.
Our alternative was to have no cat at all!
I put 1/2" square chicken wire/mesh over the fronts of my speakers and that solved the issue.

Top Bottom