• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Caching policy

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
I have one minor gripe with this site that I believe comes down to caching policy. So imagine the following:

You have a thread open here, go on to post something in it, then close the browser (Firefox/Win in this case). Upon reopening and restoring the tab contents at some later point (potentially hours or days later), you are seeing the thread page as it was when you originally loaded it, without your post or any other new ones.

Yet, try the same on diyAudio.com (a substantially more low-tech site), and reopening the tab gets you a current, up-to-date thread view. This is what I want.

I suspect there is some sort of silly default caching policy hidden somewhere that never lets cache contents expire ever. Or maybe there isn't any being set at all even? I would say images can easily be kept for a month, but pages should expire in like an hour tops.

Top Bottom