• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

thegeton

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

Hcg76

As a follow up, this week I received my replacement 4 channel nc252mp based amp after trying to get one with the 502 modules to work with my setup. I appreciate the feedback and suggestions from enthusiasts in this group on trying to figure out the cause of the noises when trying the nc502mp modules but not the nc252mp based one. A big shout out to Dylan @ Buckeye amps for the prompt exchanging of modules to functional ones. He was also great to work with, quickly processIng each of my requests. With 8 channels of Buckeye amplification now I’m finally enjoying the clean sound of these for my bed layer surround and Atmos speakers! Great to have a great CS experience w/ Buckeye amps just as importantly!

Last edited:

SuperDave

Just posting to recapitulate the favorable customer service experiences with Dylan, with whom I'm still working on a peripheral question of amplifier implementation. The man must live at his computer. :)

Hopefully having helped his cash flow with an order for a 2ch Ghent-cased NC502MP box will help compensate his efforts on my behalf. My only problem now is to figure out what to do with an amp capable - from an electrical equivalent - of outputting well over a full horsepower into my nominal 6ohm speakers. With luck that won't involve releasing the magic smoke from my CCB-8's, but I've already eviscerated a pair of Cerwin-Vega D15's in the (distant) past.... :oops:

rdenney

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just posting to recapitulate the favorable customer service experiences with Dylan, with whom I'm still working on a peripheral question of amplifier implementation. The man must live at his computer. :)

Hopefully having helped his cash flow with an order for a 2ch Ghent-cased NC502MP box will help compensate his efforts on my behalf. My only problem now is to figure out what to do with an amp capable - from an electrical equivalent - of outputting well over a full horsepower into my nominal 6ohm speakers. With luck that won't involve releasing the magic smoke from my CCB-8's, but I've already eviscerated a pair of Cerwin-Vega D15's in the (distant) past.... :oops:
If it sounds bad, turn it down.

That said, it did not sound bad when I was playing very hotly recorded drumming into my Revel F12's with an NC502 loudly enough for the clipping indicators to be flashing.

Rick "SPLs well over 100 dB at the listening position, not including the points of the peaks, which might have been much higher" Denney

SuperDave

If it sounds bad, turn it down.

That said, it did not sound bad when I was playing very hotly recorded drumming into my Revel F12's with an NC502 loudly enough for the clipping indicators to be flashing.

Rick "SPLs well over 100 dB at the listening position, not including the points of the peaks, which might have been much higher" Denney

If it "sounds bad," It's more likely the reason is I've just damaged my hearing even worse than it was before. :p

rdenney

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If it "sounds bad," It's more likely the reason is I've just damaged my hearing even worse than it was before. :p
Well, there's that.

Rick "still need to look at that drumming with a scope attached--waiting for home alone status" Denney

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Now, I think it is time for a website.

I wish I needed another amp, I'd be all over that!

Sure has been a fun ride at ASR watching you grow and very generous of @amirm to have you do so. Maybe my Buckeye #2 will be a collectors item some day. :D

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
I wish I needed another amp, I'd be all over that!

Sure has been a fun ride at ASR watching you grow and very generous of @amirm to have you do so. Maybe my Buckeye #2 will be a collectors item some day. :D
I'd also pay for services (doesn't have to be an amp)

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Why not buckeyeamps.com like the name and logo?

BlackTalon

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
That domain was taken :(
That's a shame. That will likely result in many mis-sent emails over time. It looks like someone just has that domain parked, but hopefully they do not use it down the road for selling hifi amps.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
I'll add a contact form to my website....and hopefully anyone emailing me directly copies the email address (or clicks it as it opens directly to email applications if they are set up for it)

Top Bottom