• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps 2ch Integrated Amplifier

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Cool, but was @Buckeye Amps idea so he has first rights! ;)
I don't think Dylan (Buckeye... not Bob) was alive in '74 when Owsley funded the Dead's Wall of Sound.
https://www.mcintoshlabs.com/brand/news/mcintosh-and-the-grateful-deads-wall-of-sound
Jesd35ex402z.jpg

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor

DaveW42

Can't wait for more news about this as well. In terms of add on modules, would love to see the ability to integrate this with Home Assistant.

Dave

Gringoaudio1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

@Buckeye Amps/Dylan, as per my understanding your integrated amp will be years ahead of the new generation of ARCAM amps (A5/A15/A25 i) just got released.

Arcam are such a joke. Before discovering ASR I was in love with brands that exuded status. After owning two ****** unreliable Arcam pieces and seeing the weird inconsistently designed insides (designed by committee or several committees) and seeing their performance in tests I am cured of status driven audio purchases. Go little companies go!

renoxd

What Fully digital integrated amplifiers with sub out are currently on the market?

Sabaj A30a, SMSL vmv a2, Lygndorf, anything else worth to mention?

sckortyman

What Fully digital integrated amplifiers with sub out are currently on the market?

On the cheaper side theres the SMSL ao300 and Wiim Amp. The AUDIOPHONICS DA-S250NC looks pretty similar (has pre-outs you could use for a sub).

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Wiim Amp, but it's chipamp isn't what most of us where waiting for ;-).
Great for the price it seems, but untested, not sure if it's even available yet.

renoxd

On the cheaper side theres the SMSL ao300 and Wiim Amp. The AUDIOPHONICS DA-S250NC looks pretty similar (has pre-outs you could use for a sub).
SMSL ao300 and The AUDIOPHONICS DA-S250NC are not fully digital. They have normal DAC

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
Hoping to get more details and price breakdown in the coming weeks. Been a little busy with the 3ch NCx500 as it nears final production.
Looking forward to anything new you can tell us...not sure if I'm in the market for this or not, as 100wpc is more than I really need for any of my setups...but waiting to see how this compares, feature-wise, to other integrated amp options out there...!

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Here are the PRELIM MSRP price targets for each 2ch Integrated models.
These prices do not include the price of the future upgrade board (to add additional features like HDMI input and possibly Dirac EQ). However, I will not be charging a profit on the upgrade board when it does come out, so it will be sold at cost and will be made so the user can install themselves (or send back to me for install for a small fee).

Please keep in mind these prices can change (up or down) as we get closer to actual production (hoping for Q1 2024):

2ch Hypex NC252MP = MSRP ~ $1095
2ch Hypex NC502MP = MSRP ~ $1195

2ch Hypex NCx500 = MSRP ~ $1450

2ch Purifi 1ET400A = MSRP ~ $1450

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Hopefully you have added a cost buffer to the prices... People always love it when the price seems high at first then comes out lower in price.

Of course, there's the "add 20% to cover the unknown" plan.

Unknown = 30%.

At least.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Hopefully you have added a cost buffer to the prices... People always love it when the price seems high at first then comes out lower in price.

Of course, there's the "add 20% to cover the unknown" plan.

Unknown = 30%.

At least.
There is a buffer in the prelim prices. As I have tried to do from the start if I can get the price down I always will. And it would only ever go up if necessary.

Top Bottom