• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buchardt A10 Active Speakers

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Gorgeous and that active spec is saweeeT!
348361837_995711398468202_3124923774836221904_n.jpg

Sokel

Master Contributor
What's with this new trend of vintage tripods?

They will end up looking all the same at the end!

Mo-fi was the first I think?

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
"Purifi - Offering the world's best performing woofer, in a speaker in this price range."

Will be interesting to see the price compared to the almost 5000€ A500 Signature Edition with also a Purifi woofer, am afraid it won't be less then 3000€ though.

OP
R

RMW_NJ

"Purifi - Offering the world's best performing woofer, in a speaker in this price range."

Will be interesting to see the price compared to the almost 5000€ A500 Signature Edition with also a Purifi woofer, am afraid it won't be less then 3000€ though.
I have a feeling it will slot in between the A500 and A500SE. The real wood enclosures likely add a premium over MDF/HDF.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
would be also interesting to read with they apparently went for a closed box design this time.
Since the woofer on the back is active with A500s, these were already closed in my book. ;)
am afraid it won't be less then 3000€ though.
It certainly will be above 3000€. Probably pricier than regular A500, IMHO. A single Purifi woofer, with "real wood" cabinet should cost much more than a couple of SB Acoustics midwoofers.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Since the woofer on the back is active with A500s, these were already closed in my book. ;)
True :D, still would be interesting to know why they didn't go for a port or passive radiator especially in such a single woofer configuration.

OP
R

RMW_NJ

I am curious if the new tweeter will be carried over to all the other speakers in the lineup, and if so, if there will be upgrade kits for existing owners.

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What's with this new trend of vintage tripods?
They will end up looking all the same at the end!
Mo-fi was the first I think?
Tripod works better than a single pole.
Yeh, looks vintage! but most vintage designs are simple and effective.
I have three round head nuts, under my towers, sitting on a slab of granite.
They work!

M3-M4-M5-M6-M20-DIN1587-Acorn-Nuts-Hex-Head-Cap-Nuts-304-Stainless-Steel-Round.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

Sokel

Master Contributor
Tripod works better than a single pole.
Yeh, looks vintage! but most vintage designs are simple and effective.
I have three round head nuts, under my towers, sitting on a slab of granite.
They work!

M3-M4-M5-M6-M20-DIN1587-Acorn-Nuts-Hex-Head-Cap-Nuts-304-Stainless-Steel-Round.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp
These are great as long as you have the length of the screw measured so it end before damage the nice dome.
Don't ask how I know a... friend of mine (yes,me)

Grotti

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I am not convinced that the use of solid wood is the right choice for a wall thickness of only 19 mm. Real wood is prone to bending and cracking if not properly prepared or exposed to high humidity.

What's wrong with veneered fibre board? It looks the same and should be more durable if done well. Nevertheless:

Send a pair to Amir and if it measures good and the price is right I might not be able to resist :p

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
These are great as long as you have the length of the screw measured so it end before damage the nice dome.
Don't ask how I know a... friend of mine (yes,me)
My towers, have 40mm thick bottom panels. If you mean the dome nuts, then a bit of super glue in the threads, then hand tighten.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am curious if the new tweeter will be carried over to all the other speakers in the lineup, and if so, if there will be upgrade kits for existing owners.
I was wondering the same... But more importantly, how this new tweeter could be integrated with the actual DSP MTs, doesn't seem that simple.

Last edited:

RobL

I am not convinced that the use of solid wood is the right choice for a wall thickness of only 19 mm. Real wood is prone to bending and cracking if not properly prepared or exposed to high humidity.

What's wrong with veneered fibre board? It looks the same and should be more durable if done well.
Yes. The boxes look beautiful but have a very good chance of cracks developing on the back and front panels as they are glued across the grain of the top and bottom. Especially the front with all the material removed for the driver cut outs.
Nothing wrong at all with veneered mdf or plywood, this is the type of construction that it was made to suit.

RobL

Buchardt gives 10 years of warranty, certainly it does include the wooden cabinet. IMHO see no issue here as long the speakers are not used in an exposed environment.
Apologies, but as a woodworker I involuntarily cringe when I see things wrongly assembled. Wood workers go to great lengths to allow for seasonal wood movement, for example, raise panel doors, bread board ends on table tops etc.

Ziltoe

What I understand, RobL, you see the cabinet wrongly assembled, right? What Buchardt said, is: "The cabinets are made out of 19mm solid wood that is CNC machined into perfect pieces and then assembled by experienced and passionate woodworkers." No [little] idea what that means in detail but believe concerns made up here are not correctly justified at this stage. Questionning as to whether or not Buchardt people understand their cabinet construction. However, beside of that, the A10 might ne a "cool" speaker :)

Top Bottom