• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

BOXEM Audio | Arthur 4215/E2 Purifi Amplifier | Owners' Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 23424
  • Start date

Tom Schneider

A couple more observations after more listening. First the clarity and transparency has opened up the sound of the LS50 Metas. So much so that I was able to slightly bump up the level of my KC62 sub to match. Secondly, another amazing feature is even at low levels how well placed the instruments and vocals are placed on the sound stage. Even though this amp has loads of power it sounds just as good at low levels also.

Tom Schneider

Now that I've had the Arthur 4215 for a couple of weeks I just have to say that I'm still completely stunned at the clarity and the ability to drive my KEF LS50 Metas. I was previously using an Emotiva integrated which did an OK job but anything about about 80db in my room resulted in congestion. Not so with the Arthur as I can listen to music at even moderate volumes and it is simply amazing!

Slotenpiloot

I recently had the pleasure to meet Fred at his place on our way back from holiday in France, and were able to listen to his speakers and the Arthur 4215.
Great sounding system, so i couldn't resist buying one as well (even with girlfriend approval as long as the colour was black instead of orange!! )

Note mostly subjective below read at your own risk!!! ;)

Before the 4215 i owned a Topping PA5, it was a good sounding amp, but my new speakers have quite an impedance dip in the lower frequencies which the topping couldn't handle. Just after a received the speakers i was not really happy with the lower frequencies, the speakers sounded really nice from mid tones and up, but they were quite lacking in bass response even though they had 2x 8 inch Visaton AL200 drivers per speaker unit.

After connecting the 4215 there was big difference in the lower frequencies, the bass was quite a bit louder, and way more "punchy", the higher frequencies sound the same as the topping amp as expected.

So all in all i am a happy costumer!

Ps. Topping PA5 for sale.. (europe)

ririt

I recently had the pleasure to meet Fred at his place on our way back from holiday in France, and were able to listen to his speakers and the Arthur 4215.
Great sounding system, so i couldn't resist buying one as well (even with girlfriend approval as long as the colour was black instead of orange!! )

Note mostly subjective below read at your own risk!!! ;)

Before the 4215 i owned a Topping PA5, it was a good sounding amp, but my new speakers have quite an impedance dip in the lower frequencies which the topping couldn't handle. Just after a received the speakers i was not really happy with the lower frequencies, the speakers sounded really nice from mid tones and up, but they were quite lacking in bass response even though they had 2x 8 inch Visaton AL200 drivers per speaker unit.

After connecting the 4215 there was big difference in the lower frequencies, the bass was quite a bit louder, and way more "punchy", the higher frequencies sound the same as the topping amp as expected.

So all in all i am a happy costumer!

Ps. Topping PA5 for sale.. (europe)
I am curious to know what are the speakers of Fred…

Extreme_Boky

Has anyone compared the Arthur 4215/E2 with something like Aleph J or a similar 2-gain-stage pure class A amplifier?

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Has anyone compared the Arthur 4215/E2 with something like Aleph J or a similar 2-gain-stage pure class A amplifier?
I have a few customers who replaced their huge megabuck class A amp by a 4215/E2. They earned money twice, first by reselling the mega thing, second by lowering their electricity bill. They still enjoy good sound, so they are happy people.

Extreme_Boky

Interesting... I'd struggle tremendously to blend the looks of one of these class D amps... with the rest of (any of) my system(s), but that's me.

Anyway, has anyone actually compared the sound of one of these with the sound of a First Watt clone (DIY) amp? Cost-wise, an absolute cracker of an FW clone can be made for the price of one of these class D amps...

I would really like to hear the impressions, if anyone has done it.

Slotenpiloot

Interesting... I'd struggle tremendously to blend the looks of one of these class D amps... with the rest of (any of) my system(s), but that's me.

Anyway, has anyone actually compared the sound of one of these with the sound of a First Watt clone (DIY) amp? Cost-wise, an absolute cracker of an FW clone can be made for the price of one of these class D amps...

Anyway, has anyone actually compared the sound of one of these with the sound of a First Watt clone (DIY) amp? Cost-wise, an absolute cracker of an for the price of one of these class D amps...

Well you could buy a big clunky and broken pld class A amp, gut the inside and put the Purifi inside

pau

There is subjective and objective side. Personally i think this one of the best looking Purify Amps around.

Take the internet with grain of salt, including ASR . What matters is your personal goals, so invest for your own happiness what ever ticks your box. :)

groovybassist

Forum Donor
My Arthur 4215 arrived yesterday. I opted for the matte gray body and oxidized silver faceplate. The finish on both is very well done. The audiosense feature is definitely nice to have. Time for lots of listening…

Top Bottom