• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best modern amplituner for Dali Rubicon 6

aeeroO

Hello guys i recently bought a good pair of Dali Rubicon 6's, so the current setup is:
Dali Rubicon 6 (front) bi-wired via chord odyssey2 to Onkyo RZ-800
Dali Opticon Vokal
Dali Opticon 2 (on the back)
Dali K-14 as sub
I was reading Amir's reviews which got me interested how detailed they are i narrowed a few options, tell me what you think:
- Denon X4700h (i can buy it used in my country for around ~1750 USD, cheapest option that im considering the most)
- NAD T 778 (i can buy it used for around ~2250 USD i love the aesthetics but im concerned about the sound after reading the review on this site)
- Denon X6700h (I can buy it used for around 2500 USD)

According to Amir's reviews X4700h looks better on paper (i'm looking the most at SINAD in the test) than T 778, of course 6700h looks the best out of these but im afraid its a little bit outside my budget, so my question is, would you change RZ-800 for X4700h (125W at 0.05% THD) ? How much noticeable difference would it make for me compared to my current RZ-800 (135W at 0.08% THD), what you think guys? As im running a 5.1 setup (maybe a 5.1.2 in the future when i will move up from my current living place), i mostly want to listen to my turntable (Roksan Attessa Turntable, with built pre-amp ON) or via HDMI from my PC/Streaming (lossless) and watch movies on it with HD codecs such as DTS HD-MA/TrueHD/ATMOS etc. Of course i understand that additional amplifier would be better for front but as for now i want to stick to amplifier only without buying additional amp. Would a 4700h make a huge difference for me compared to current amplituner i got ? Which one of these would be the best musically, just for stereo?

Thanks for help!

Top Bottom