• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best 'Bang for your buck' IEM - Poll

Best 'Bang for your buck' IEM under $100.

• 7Hz Salnotes Zero

Votes: 80 25.5%
  • BLON BL-03

Votes: 11 3.5%
  • DUNU Titan S

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • HZsound Heart Mirror

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Moondrop CHU

Votes: 18 5.7%
  • Tanchjim Tanya

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Tripowin x HBB Olina

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero (Original = Blue)

Votes: 49 15.6%
  • TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero:RED

Votes: 150 47.8%
  • Other

Votes: 64 20.4%

• Total voters

GaryH

Major Contributor
Drag the bottom or top edge of the grab handles on the left on the y-axis.

GaryH

Major Contributor
Yup, they did. Cuts in the same trouble/treble areas.
Cutting the treble is not 'basically the same thing', when the magnitude of the cut differs substantially. As you don't seem to understand how frequency response works, I'll make this nice and clear for you. Here's just the difference between your EQ applied to the original Zero and the Zero Red's stock response:
graph-122.png

As seen here, your EQ on the Zero has a huge up to 3-4 dB less energy then the Red over a broadband (more audible) range in the upper-mids to mid-treble where our hearing is most sensitive, resulting in an extremely dull, muffled sound (even more than the Red), which is exactly what I heard when I tried your bizarre EQ on my Zeros.
I can't verify your chart though.
Yes you can, using Crinacle's graph tool with your EQ applied to the Zero measurement, just as I did. It's pretty obvious, but if you can't work out how I can explain it for you.

Last edited:

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Cutting the treble is not 'basically the same thing', when the magnitude of the cut differs substantially. As you don't seem to understand how frequency response works, I'll make this nice and clear for you. Here's just the difference between your EQ applied to the original Zero and the Zero Red's stock response:
View attachment 302971
As seen here, your EQ on the Zero has a huge up to 3-4 dB less energy then the Red over a broadband (more audible) range in the upper-mids to mid-treble where our hearing is most sensitive, resulting in an extremely dull, muffled sound (even more than the Red), which is exactly what I heard when I tried your bizarre EQ on my Zeros.

Yes you can, using Crinacle's graph tool with your EQ applied to the Zero measurement, just as I did. It's pretty obvious, but if you can't work out how I can explain it for you.
Why all the “harshness” in your reply? I understand that you are trying to help and we commend that activity. However, a glass of sour milk, is bitter and difficult to swallow. ;)

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
I'll make this nice and clear for you.

It's pretty obvious, but if you can't work out how I can explain it for you.
Context! You are basically insinuating that he is too dumb/dense to figure out what is so obviously simple for you. Passive aggressiveness. Giving advice doesn’t have to be delivered in a manner that makes others look or feel stupid. This is a fellow Member whom has been here longer than you. So dial back the snark. Not asking anymore.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Once I found tips that sealed at the right depth the Hexa turned out to be a winner for me.
Which tips just out of interest?

Fregly

Which tips just out of interest?
Spinfit w1. The foamies that came with the Hexa were pretty good, just a bit small. I have ordered some Symbio foams and their hybrids W tips as well. The original Ws were too stiff in the past when I tried them and uncomfortable; the formula has changed so we'Il see. I liked the concept of that design.

totti1965

The Truthear Zero (or the Red) is a solid bet from a sound perspective BUT its very hard to wear/ find the right tips for a lot of people. The best description I saw was by another user on here who described it as "hangs by the tip" which is not a great proposition for an on the go/ mobile set. Nothing worse than having to fiddle with something in your ear constantly.

Of course, others dont seem to have this problem so YMMV if you pick these .
Ha Ha Ha, After one hour or so of fddling after I got them (my first IEM!) - I have learned that I just must use the medium Tips with the smaller holes!
My head is very large - So I suggest everyone to start with small holes and small Tips! Should be allright for most people (even for Amir).

tknx

Hexa

alumnicesar

What sets have you heard?
aside from beats fit pro, apple airpods pro, and kz zst, basically nothing.
I do have the Razer Blackshark v2 eq'd to the (rtings) Harman OE curve thanks to autoeq

I also sometimes use it with a 7db 20hz - 150 hz bass boost. 200hz is set to 0. But that's mostly for curiosity even though it sounds better to me

Sebby

Under €100 I found the Final E3000 very good. Very comfortable, light and relaxing.
I also find the HIFIMAN RE800s excellent which yes, when it was released it cost €600, now it is under €100 without problems and I prefer it to IEMs under €1000 (hey Meze Advar!)

Veri

Master Contributor
..please no sexual innuendo jokes

totti1965

..please no sexual innuendo jokes
Oh, it was absolutely not intentional! I am from Germany and my English is not perfect… now I see what I have done…. Ha ha. But Joke aside. Perhaps my humor is not good enough… so I don‘t really can say if your answer was humorious to. Also joke aside: There is a YouTube video where a YouTube guy tested the REDs and sayed that Crinacle suggested the tips with the small wholes. It was also that with what @amirm has made his measurements: Medium Tips (or is it called taps?) with small holes……

Top Bottom