• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

Certainkindoffool

Forum Donor
I can't wait until aged Imperial stouts become fashionable again amongst the local micro brewers. They've been doing way too many sours recently and I can't stand them.

My Innis & Gunn is carrying me through the disappointment of repeatedly finding I can't get most of the beers posted on here locally.

Attachments

Ilkless

Addicted to Fun and Learning
IMG_20200717_173924.jpg

Deschutes Fresh Squeezed Old Fashioned

Orange peel, malt, vanilla, lemon, hint of honey, a very slight hoppiness right at the end. Surprisingly little oak, and crisper than I expected.

I was at Oktoberfest in Munich last week. My alcohol stress score was through the roof, and I’m currently taking a recovery week.
Strangely enough, I did an FTP test yesterday and got an increase. Maybe it was due to this being my first ramp test, or maybe it was the beer carb loading

I was at Oktoberfest in Munich last week. My alcohol stress score was through the roof, and I’m currently taking a recovery week.
Strangely enough, I did an FTP test yesterday and got an increase. Maybe it was due to this being my first ramp test, or maybe it was the beer carb loading
Rather ramp test, after alcohol consumption you have elevated HR which restricts your FTP. Usually i have higher FTP score during ramp test than tt by ~10-15 Watts.

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm on the wagon, and this stuff is surprisingly tolerable!

IMG_20200718_180601.jpg