• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

gorb

Forum Donor
False Idol Brewing’s version of Black is Beautiful is brewed with maple and marshmallow and is very tasty :)
vSQ78Cc.jpg

Certainkindoffool

Forum Donor
I can't wait until aged Imperial stouts become fashionable again amongst the local micro brewers. They've been doing way too many sours recently and I can't stand them.

My Innis & Gunn is carrying me through the disappointment of repeatedly finding I can't get most of the beers posted on here locally.

Attachments

• 20200711_201532.jpg
    20200711_201532.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 95

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
IMG_20200717_173924.jpg

Deschutes Fresh Squeezed Old Fashioned

Orange peel, malt, vanilla, lemon, hint of honey, a very slight hoppiness right at the end. Surprisingly little oak, and crisper than I expected.

lennard

I was at Oktoberfest in Munich last week. My alcohol stress score was through the roof, and I’m currently taking a recovery week.
Strangely enough, I did an FTP test yesterday and got an increase. Maybe it was due to this being my first ramp test, or maybe it was the beer carb loading

Kuba

I was at Oktoberfest in Munich last week. My alcohol stress score was through the roof, and I’m currently taking a recovery week.
Strangely enough, I did an FTP test yesterday and got an increase. Maybe it was due to this being my first ramp test, or maybe it was the beer carb loading
Rather ramp test, after alcohol consumption you have elevated HR which restricts your FTP. Usually i have higher FTP score during ramp test than tt by ~10-15 Watts.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Something different
IMG_20200726_152044.jpg

Krusty09

Forum Donor
I'm having this right now. Not bad little malty.

Attachments

• 20200726_180852.jpg
    20200726_180852.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 80

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I'm having this right now. Not bad little malty.
That's interesting, I've never had a double IPA that could be described as malty. As a fan of malt over hops I will have to check that out.

tankas

Is this true?

"As if you didn’t already have enough things to worry about in 2020, there’s now a looming national beer shortage on the horizon. Well, more like a beer can shortage—to be precise. As first reported by a beer industry news outlet earlier in the month, the near overnight shift from on-premise (bar and restaurant) drinking to home consumption has created a run on cans. And it will disproportionately affect your favorite craft producers."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bradjaphe/2020/07/26/is-the-us-really-running-out-of-beer/

Krusty09

Forum Donor
Is this true?

"As if you didn’t already have enough things to worry about in 2020, there’s now a looming national beer shortage on the horizon. Well, more like a beer can shortage—to be precise. As first reported by a beer industry news outlet earlier in the month, the near overnight shift from on-premise (bar and restaurant) drinking to home consumption has created a run on cans. And it will disproportionately affect your favorite craft producers."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bradjaphe/2020/07/26/is-the-us-really-running-out-of-beer/
Kill me now.

Top Bottom