• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

Is this true?

"As if you didn’t already have enough things to worry about in 2020, there’s now a looming national beer shortage on the horizon. Well, more like a beer can shortage—to be precise. As first reported by a beer industry news outlet earlier in the month, the near overnight shift from on-premise (bar and restaurant) drinking to home consumption has created a run on cans. And it will disproportionately affect your favorite craft producers."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bradjaphe/2020/07/26/is-the-us-really-running-out-of-beer/

Krusty09

Is this true?

"As if you didn’t already have enough things to worry about in 2020, there’s now a looming national beer shortage on the horizon. Well, more like a beer can shortage—to be precise. As first reported by a beer industry news outlet earlier in the month, the near overnight shift from on-premise (bar and restaurant) drinking to home consumption has created a run on cans. And it will disproportionately affect your favorite craft producers."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bradjaphe/2020/07/26/is-the-us-really-running-out-of-beer/
Kill me now.

ripvw

Forum Donor
living in California near a state university, we are not lacking in places to find a good beer...

I like Mexican beers such as Dos Equis Amber and Noche Bueno (Xmas only) as well as Pacifico. Lots of brew pups in most Pacific coast Mexican cities as well

Since I'm part Irish on both sides - an O'Neal on me father's side and a Fleming from County Cork on me mother's side I of course love Guinness straight or mixed with Bass or Harp ale. Fond of lots of Irish, British and Canadian stouts as well.

I've had some great Fuller's and Boddington's Cream Ale on draft in pubs. Fond memories of Anchor Steam beer in SF and Sierra Nevada in their home town of Chico, CA

I occasionally will buy some bottled beer but most often I'm drinking draft from a local restaurant or pub.

Sapporo Draft goes great with sushi

I almost always say no to cans but I remember working in my back yard on a 100+ degree F/50+C SoCal day and my next door neighbor handed me a can of ice-cold Bud. For about 30 seconds I thought it was the best beer I had ever tasted...

and here's the best beer commercial ever: