• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't remember which ones I've tried, which usually means they weren't (to me) outstandingly good or bad in their style. Or I'd had too many...
Given they're mostly styles I quite like, I'd be tempted at half price here.

Thanks! Was hoping for some affordable Trappists, but they don't seem to be well-regarded amongst the Trappist breweries.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Are any La Trappe beers good? They are half-off locally right now.
Worth trying at a discount, they are 2nd tier in my opinion, but others will disagree, best to make your own mind up.

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't remember which ones I've tried, which usually means they weren't (to me) outstandingly good or bad in their style. Or I'd had too many...
Given they're mostly styles I quite like, I'd be tempted at half price here.

Worth trying at a discount, they are 2nd tier in my opinion, but others will disagree, best to make your own mind up.

Thanks! The discount was for a case of that stuff, so I split it with a relative. Trappists here have a ridiculous premium, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to get it duty-free (airport stores trying to dump their stock due to the travel collapse) and on a discount to try. About $4/bottle, which I figured was okay because Trappists of any kind are easily $10-15 bottles outside here in Asia.

gorb

Forum Donor
903 Brewers version
THAOZYw.jpg

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
00000IMG_00000_BURST20200823164338177_COVER.jpg

OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
4DCNMM3.jpg

Cookies & cream variant of Turning Point Beer & 3 Nations Brewing’s Bedford County Barrel-Aged Stout, a 16.2 percent ABV imperial stout aged in premier Kentucky bourbon barrels for 13 months with vanilla beans.
Sexy

OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor

Honken

Yes , I'm wanting to be your friend
If you like bitter beers (>100 IBU) I'm your man.

Heh, I think that more people ought to at least try brewing beer at least once. Unless you go for a lager, it is surprisingly easy and if you know what you like, it's easy to make something that will be to your liking. Brewing only really becomes complicated once you've finished your first few batches and start to consider all the possibilities available, or if you found a recipe that you really like and you want to to strive for consistency between your batches.

Space is an issue if you live in an apartment however.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom